What do I do with these??

elcocal

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have obtained a few artifacts in my travels and I'm tired of hauling them around.
I'm not into artifacts or even antiques for that matter, but they seem to keep finding their way to me ???
Anyone know what these are?
The plate is from peru
The man and the dish is from Costa Rica or Mexico (Can't remember , but I think Costa Rica)

002.JPG 008.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 009.JPG

pannerman

Jul 11, 2013
Sacramento, Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could eat off the plate, keep coins in the statue piggy bank, and use the mano/metate as a peppercorn grinder.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net. You could get an appraisal and then sell them on e-bay if you so wished. You could also become a charter member here and sell them here. Lets see what kinda info comes in on them. Cool stuff.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can put them in a antique store for a % of the sales. That way you dont have to buy a booth.

OP
OP
E

elcocal

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.
Where do you go to have them appraised?

danasaur

Aug 4, 2013
Alabama
The plate is not pre-Columbian! Center shows a Satyr. Symbols are clearly from Greek mythology. May have been brought by early Europeans. Mano y matate are typical for most pre-Columbians. Statue hard to say, photo too blurry.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A proper appraisal will cost you. I've been quoted $250 per item on the high side. Also finding an appraiser qualified will take some searching. You don't want just anyone. A dealer that deals with the specific type of items might help appraise if interested in them but it's better dealing when you know what you have.
Be sure to understand if the value given is wholesale or retail. There can be a huge difference. A dealer doesn't pay retail. Demand is everything. Things go in and out of style.
The mortise and pestle are still made today.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
When it comes to antiques you should get half of what the item is worth.Top money comes from collectors and auctions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread