Bird Effigy - Any input apprecaited

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I'd love to say I found this while searching the wilds or some cave - no such luck. I've got a small kiosk at an antique market and picked it up off another one of the sellers there. He buys a lot of his things at auction and acquired this one in a lot of incan/mayan objects. The others he picked up sat around for a few weeks, he recently sent them to another auction to see how they do and he's still waiting on the results.
So anything you could tell me would be helpful :icon_thumleft:

It measures a little under 3 inches across and about 2½ inches high.
I figure it's most likely a modern/contemporary sort of piece but I defer to your judgment.

Attachments

• IMG_5933.JPG
    IMG_5933.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5934.JPG
    IMG_5934.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_5935.JPG
    IMG_5935.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 253

rls2040

Sep 25, 2013
I am certainly not an expert but I have hunted arrowheads for over 40 years, I am a Registered Land Surveyor so most of that time was spent out in the woods,erc. I live in Georgia so lately I have been buying arrowheads from different parts of the country , the number of fakes held up as ancient and authentic is quite large,i have been fooled several times .My one observation on your bird effigy is that in the pictures the stripes along the body do not have the same patina as the rear of it. That may just be how the pictures look,but if you can see the difference then most likely it is a reproduction . I posted pics today of a small statue from Honduras, look at them and see the difference. I hope I am wrong and you have a genuine artifact ...Best Wishes, Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

car209

Jul 22, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265 m-Scope/Whites coin master-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that one looks kinda of like the one I found. I found this one near my Home in Denton Texas. Its not a good as yours but I think there is a slight resemblance. Yours is awesome. I have actually found two. I posted it too. Picture 1059.jpg Picture 1060.jpg 2014-05-191.jpg 1391113094591.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread