Help with Central American Artifacts/Gold Pieces

sxg

Sep 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe somebody can help me outor point me in the right direction regarding the identifying of some Central American artifacts/goldpieces that I have..

The gist of it is that I have in my possession several gold pieces/medallions that were once in a Central American Museum but given to my father by business colleagues. He travelled there extensively so I am not sure of the Country but am thinking Costa Rica?

They are gold (18-22 karat) and only about an inch or so long. One seems to be of a Crocodile and I'm not sure what the other one is

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what they are, where they come from and maybe even their worth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Attachments

• Cr1_resized.jpg
    Cr1_resized.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Cr2_resized.jpg
    Cr2_resized.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
S

sxg

Sep 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case anybody is interested, I did alot of checking and talked to some experts and it seems like they are from the Chiriqui region of Panama or Costa Rica, sometime during the period of 800 - 1200 AD..

Ok, next question, and I'm new to all this, what might be the best way to sell or auction these pieces. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

MObushwhacker

Feb 20, 2010
Scott County Missouri
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Anybody know what ever happen to Dr. Tim McGuinness an expert on these South American artifacts Apparently he no longer has the website Pre-Columbian Gold Org ? Believe these artifacts should be part of North American artifacts as they would get a lot of more coverage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread