Large artifact from texas.

Amaxwell

Apr 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467823273.464242.jpg
I found this on a trip to Turlingua Texas, on the big bend ranch. It was just on the edge of an old creek bed. I can only imagine why it was there, perhaps some indian was skinning an animal or something next to the creek and left it there. I had no idea what it was at first, i just saw the edge of it sticking out of the ground and thought the rock was a cool color, it wasn't until i washed it off several hours later that i realized what it was! Anyone know what kind of indians it could be from or anything else about it? I really dont know a lot about the western tribes and their history!

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
That area was likely Comanche's, possibly Apaches but not as likely. That looks like a Comanche spearhead, probably lost while hunting or fighting their numerous enemies.

OP
OP
A

Amaxwell

Apr 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told comanches at the time but never knew wether it was a large knife or a spear head

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Comanches camped in what today is The Basin in the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend. Trail went from Mexico to plains. Summer in the Chisos.Not sure about that piece. Tiguas, Jumanos and Lipan Apaches roamed west Texas. Have a museum check it. I have found several comanche spear points here in san Antonio. None of them resembled that.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item looks like a preform, (preshaped before actual being worked down to an actual point). I would not suggest that it was worked during historical times. It just may be a lot older.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread