Some skirmish line pictures

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Howdy ya'll, here are a few pictures of the skirmish line number 1. The second skirmish line is much nicer but for some reason I didnt carry my camera the extra 100 yards to it, I'll get pictures of them next week, its much larger and more interesting. Thanks for looking and ejoy.
By the way in no way, shape or form am I claiming to be good at taking pictures, But I will be working on it for next week.

Attachments

• skirmishline.jpg
    skirmishline.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
OP
OP
WeaponsUSMC

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
and 3 more, sorry bout the double post.

Attachments

• skirmishline1.jpg
    skirmishline1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 345
  • skirmishline2.jpg
    skirmishline2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 350
  • skirmishline3.jpg
    skirmishline3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 350

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sorry if this is a dumb question but are they the remmnants of trenches that the troops dug?

OP
OP
WeaponsUSMC

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hollow yep thats what they are, kinda like the trench works they used in WW1 against the Germans. Or like Foxholes of todays Soldiers. The Northern troops would lay in wait of the Advancing Southern troops comming from Kinston to attack New Bern(e) and this particular supply dump. The second skirmish line pictures will show what it is much better. They were only large enuff to lay in, of course these might have been deeper and filled in over time by flooding. Hope this answers your question Hollow. Even though we havnt found much of anything as of yet at this skirmish line, hopefully this will change this weekend when we start digging 4' x 4' pits behind and infront of these.....HH.....Bill

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the 4x4 pits, I bet you find some great stuff.

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
I found a berm looking thing just like that in Anson co. N.C. It followed a creek line for about 75yds and about 20yrds from the creek kinda in a simicircle. I also found a pit thats about 15'x15' and 5 or 6 ft. deep. I detected around it for about 10 min. but got nothing but old cut nails. I was wondering if this could be a CW site even if its in a low lying area. I thought they only mase fortifications on high ground.

OP
OP
WeaponsUSMC

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
That sounds like a trench or skirmish line to me, also the pit you found could have been an old hut that someone has already dug. HH....Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions