MAPS MAPS MAPS please click this you wont regret....

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great site,I see some house's on some map's where I hunt that aren't there now.thnx.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KGCnewbieseeker said:
look at this lovely treasure trove of original maps of the us during the civil war....... oh my gosh!!!!!

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/civil_war_maps/

Great site, but the jp2 files wouldn't open on my 'puter. Sooooo I did some looking and found an image converter freeware that will open not only the jp2000 file extentions, but a list of OTHER file extentions as long as my arm. ;D My Windows XP Home addition NOW has this free application PLUS a bunch of plug-ins that will open about anything. I've noticed that the good ole U.S.of A. government has some off the wall file extentions that maybe unique. NOW I'll be able to read them. Oh yeah, you can save the openned files to anyother extentions such as jpg, tif, and bmp, to name 3 of the most used.

Anyway, here's the site: www.irfanview.com

Even if your OS opens the jp2 files, you may want the ability to open all those other type files. I found this application through the Kim Kommando site and she checks out all things she allows to link to her website.
Enjoy!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread