MAPS MAPS MAPS please click this you wont regret....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Grrrrr!!!

Oct 2005
    FL
    40 times

MAPS MAPS MAPS please click this you wont regret....

look at this lovely treasure trove of original maps of the us during the civil war....... oh my gosh!!!!!

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/civil_war_maps/
    scouring the central NY area for treasure always happy to get leads and buddies to dig with and learn with!

Kentucky Kache

Re: MAPS MAPS MAPS please click this you wont regret....

Wow. Thanks for this link. Very helpful.

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1089 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Great site,I see some house's on some map's where I hunt that aren't there now.thnx.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    390 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by KGCnewbieseeker
    look at this lovely treasure trove of original maps of the us during the civil war....... oh my gosh!!!!!

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/civil_war_maps/
    Great site, but the jp2 files wouldn't open on my 'puter. Sooooo I did some looking and found an image converter freeware that will open not only the jp2000 file extentions, but a list of OTHER file extentions as long as my arm. My Windows XP Home addition NOW has this free application PLUS a bunch of plug-ins that will open about anything. I've noticed that the good ole U.S.of A. government has some off the wall file extentions that maybe unique. NOW I'll be able to read them. Oh yeah, you can save the openned files to anyother extentions such as jpg, tif, and bmp, to name 3 of the most used.

Anyway, here's the site: www.irfanview.com

Even if your OS opens the jp2 files, you may want the ability to open all those other type files. I found this application through the Kim Kommando site and she checks out all things she allows to link to her website.
    Enjoy!!

"Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

May 2005
    50 times

KGCnewbieseeker,

neat site. Thanks for posting.

have a good un....
    SHERMANVILLE
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links