Siege of Suffolk

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
? ? ? ?I live in Virginia Beach Va. About 25 miles from the Siege of Suffolk and am trying to find a Battlefield map of the conflict.....I do know first hand of some encampments and and a fortification site, but what I am really looking for is the map of encampments, picket lines and artillery placemants.

? ? ? ? I have switched into my Virginia winter mode where the ground gets very hard, so research it is.....And plan to hit the Siege of Suffolk field (CW) and the Battle of Great Bridge (RW) this spring, so any help would be great.

Thanks Irish Charlie

Upvote 0

rovnrbl

May 26, 2003
If you don't have it pick up a copy of Official Military Atlas of the Civil War - that should be a good start You can check out the public library in Norfolk or VA Bch. Mariner's Museum may have a copy. Try Googling also and Library of Congress or National Archives site. Cornell has the Official records on the net - you'll have to search for maps. Try maptech historical.

rovnrbl

ARK403

Jul 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,

I was going through family documents and came across a map of the camp and fortifications of Suffolk, VA. Photos attached. The document is titled "Birds Eye View of the Camp and Fortifications A Round Suffolk, VA" Drawn from XXX Daniel April 6th, 1863. I had a few ancestors in the Civil War and they were in the 167th PA Regiment. Company F, 2nd Lt. Reuben Potteiger and Company K, Capt. Edward F. Reed. I have info on the 167th info which shows they were in Suffolk, VA. Please let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you need a clearer copy, I will use a higher quality camera.
ARK403

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions