fragmented. His friends helped him search for the kettle of money, but
they never could locate it. He said the kettle was "30 minutes east of
the church."

Upvote 1

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Gene Carter found the kettle. I'm currently writing the book on the church hollow treasure. I know who all 3 men were....the man that returned was not one of the 3 men...he got info from a dying man. I'm still currently in cedar county missouri. received_327665211330720.jpeg I can be reached at
This was a KGC cache "sentinel money" watchers of the BIG treasure....the kettle with a fortune in coins was nothing compared to the rest.
The starter in Caplinger mills points for MILES...to another map....miles to another map....miles to the buried kettle.

Last edited by a moderator:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems if they had that much they prob would have found a way out of having to actually fight in the civil war .... most wealthy people had loop holes to get them out of fighting

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you lived in the Union, you could pay $300 and get out. The Fed needed the money. No such luck in the south. You could, though, pay your buddy to "stand in" for you and you were out. Gary

kudzu74

Jul 31, 2018
MiSSiSSiPPi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm...may have found the kettle but where is the money, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!:tongue3:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I Gene Carter found the kettle. I'm currently writing the book on the church hollow treasure. I know who all 3 men were....the man that returned was not one of the 3 men...he got info from a dying man. I'm still currently in cedar county missouri. View attachment 1650130 I can be reached at
This was a KGC cache "sentinel money" watchers of the BIG treasure....the kettle with a fortune in coins was nothing compared to the rest.
The starter in Caplinger mills points for MILES...to another map....miles to another map....miles to the buried kettle.

Interesting .. While the history of enamelware can be traced to Germany in the 1760's, it wasn't until the 1870's that a surge of "competitive creativity" began to change American kitchenware. Out of this surge came enameled goods with spattered, speckled, and splashed enamel. The best-known brands, especially the granite and agate ware names, held onto a strong position into the 20th century. Your pot would fall in this range, and most definitely post dates the Civil War.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm familiar with this story in SWMO...The kettle that was found on Kate Austin's farm in the '50's could of been hers Or a community Cache Or a Spanish Cache.

It wasn't uncommon in that part of the country to bury combined community or family assets.

Kace

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems a bit odd that Bugoutbusman would pop up out of nowhere as a new member just to make the claim that he found the kettle, but has not returned for any followup discussion.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real kettle

I Gene Carter found the kettle. I'm currently writing the book on the church hollow treasure. I know who all 3 men were....the man that returned was not one of the 3 men...he got info from a dying man. I'm still currently in cedar county missouri. View attachment 1650130 I can be reached at

This kettle is REALLY the cache. It dates BEFORE the civil war. It took me 3 years working day and nite...that's what treasure fever does to you. Indeed I did find it. All the photos will be in my book that I'm still writing.
I have been reading stuff on this website for a few years. I finally signed up to post my findings. I'd hate to see anyone waste their time searching for what I have already found. I've been trying to locate the family of C.W. Springer, Doris, Larry, or Brian. If you don't know who they are try googling " the disappointment, or the force of credulity". There is an old playwrite by the same name, but this video was produced by Brian Springer. They dug on the Austin farm for years. Nobody EVER left the Austin farm, it was MILES AWAY.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you did find it post photos of the coins/treasure? If you found it your rich, trying to withhold photos to force people to buy your book is just greedy and sketchy.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 men were KGC. One of the men was James Cawthorn, 1st sheriff of cedar county. 2nd was A.J. Austin. The 3rd man I won't reveal yet...as it was buried on his property and I'm still collecting artifacts. This is where AFTER THE WAR Albert Pike and 31 outlaws...some of them were identified as...William Quantrill, Bill McGuire, Harrison Trow, Wash Haller, Dick Burns, Ben Morrow, Dick Kenney, Frank James, George Maddox, Sam Bass, Bloody Bill Anderson, and more. They came here to recover the cache. They captured 7 men on site stripped them down to shirts and drawers and shot them all in the back of the head. I believe they were being forced to show where the cache was but nobody gave it up. The men then murdered Obadiah Smith the preacher, burned down the town of Nevada, and went on to the massacre in Lawrence kansas, it all started HERE at my cache site, all occurred in a 3 day period.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kettle is older than the civil war, it's not a cheap American knockoff, American enamelware was the same inside and out. This one is enamelware on the outside but looks like porcelain or ceramic on the inside. Indeed this is the real kettle

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the legend says one "crazed man" returned...his name was John Hartley, he was NOT one of the 3 men. "Crazed" meaning treasure fever. John Hartley opened the first bank in Stockton. He got the info from James Cawthorn....It took James 8 days to die from his wounds. He was alert even on his final day he signed his daily muster card the morning he died.

Bugoutbusman

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it funny that anyone has doubts. When my book comes out you will see alot of amazing photos. This was a REAL TREASURE CACHE. and yes I did find it. People have their doubts because nobody found it in 157 years. Trust me when I say the man that returned had errors in it's translation. Anyone searching believed him and continued his search. If you want different results...look at it differently. The crazed man was NOT one of the 3 men. One of the biggest clues was churchchurchchurch in the middle. In my book you will learn all the details. I didn't just find it...I researched every person and event involved. I don't really care if anyone believes me...I'm rich...the book is my legacy after death.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
The 3 men were KGC. One of the men was James Cawthorn, 1st sheriff of cedar county. 2nd was A.J. Austin. The 3rd man I won't reveal yet...as it was buried on his property and I'm still collecting artifacts. This is where AFTER THE WAR Albert Pike and 31 outlaws...some of them were identified as...William Quantrill, Bill McGuire, Harrison Trow, Wash Haller, Dick Burns, Ben Morrow, Dick Kenney, Frank James, George Maddox, Sam Bass, Bloody Bill Anderson, and more. They came here to recover the cache. They captured 7 men on site stripped them down to shirts and drawers and shot them all in the back of the head. I believe they were being forced to show where the cache was but nobody gave it up. The men then murdered Obadiah Smith the preacher, burned down the town of Nevada, and went on to the massacre in Lawrence kansas, it all started HERE at my cache site, all occurred in a 3 day period.

Sorry, I'm confused, Are you saying Quantrill burned Nevada, MO?

Kace

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm confused. Are you saying they massacred Lawrence KS after the War and burnt Nevada down? I believe the yankees(spit) burnt Nevada down in 1863 not Albert Pike and the others you list. And the sacking of Lawrence was 1863. Albert Pike wasn't present.

However, when I get excited my typing gets ahead of me or behind me. Our passion sometimes comes out wrong in print. I'm thinking that's what happened here. Will you have any reviews of your book before release?

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You beat me Kace!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
lol!.. Well at least we both know we read that right! lol!

Kace

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Bug, how long until the book comes out? I'd be interested to read it. I know of "Treasures" buried during the Unpleasantness between the States, one in Henry and one in Bates Co.. As far as I know they were never recovered. They weren't KGC.
I also hope you are a rich man but because the IRS regularly monitors this site, I'd start finding the coins that fell out of that pot one at a time. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread