Jefferson County West virginia

spankster13

Apr 11, 2007
West By God Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DI5900
There was a thread on treasure net a while talking about small Civil War monuments ( I believe 20 or so ) that are numbered . The thread had them all listed with pics . their approx 3 ft tall with a Confederate Flag on them and a number . I had it saved until my hard drive crashed and now I can't find it . I have a lead to metal detect on a property that has one and I need to do some research . I know the property involves one of the Jury's on John Browns trial . He suppossedly committed suicide within one year of the trial as proclaimed by John Brown for doing this to him . Any help would be great . I believe "Rebel was posting in that thread .

Thanks Spanky

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Spankster.....Check my buddy's (Kiros32) posting's.I remember that same thread,he and I were living in Jeff. Co at the time.He now live's in Pitt. right now but I'm positive that was his thread.Best of Luck to ya :thumbsup:

OP
OP
spankster13

spankster13

Apr 11, 2007
West By God Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DI5900
Thanks for the heads up Civilman 1 . DirtyMike pm'd me with a link to the map markers (thanks DirtyMike !!) I'm concentrating my research on John Browns trial and the jurors . Seems Brown made a statement that all you jurors will be dead within one year for doing this to me . This intriges me . I need to find out if infact they did and if so how ? This property owner supposedly hung himself within a year of the trial . For those interested in the markers they can google Jefferson County Historical society and once on the home page click on the interactive map . At one time I lived next door to the house that has #11 in the front yard . Never knew its purpose until after moving a few years later . Again thanks DirtyMike .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I remember doing that... it was on the BEALE TREASURE or KGC (KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE) "sub-boards", I will try to find it, for you.
"Google" CIVIL WAR MONUMENTS - JEFFERSON COUNTY, WV. :icon_thumleft: (The "connection" with BEALE TREASURE, was that JOHN YATES BEALL (CSA) WAS from Jefferson County, WV). ;D:wink:

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spankster13 said:
Thanks for the heads up Civilman 1 . DirtyMike pm'd me with a link to the map markers (thanks DirtyMike !!) I'm concentrating my research on John Browns trial and the jurors . Seems Brown made a statement that all you jurors will be dead within one year for doing this to me . This intriges me . I need to find out if infact they did and if so how ? This property owner supposedly hung himself within a year of the trial . For those interested in the markers they can google Jefferson County Historical society and once on the home page click on the interactive map . At one time I lived next door to the house that has #11 in the front yard . Never knew its purpose until after moving a few years later . Again thanks DirtyMike .
I have alot of close friends that live in Leetown. How old are you and have we met? I have lived here my whole life. Did you know the Sibert's or the Dilley's?

OP
OP
spankster13

spankster13

Apr 11, 2007
West By God Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DI5900
Thanks Rebel ! Thats why I couldn't find it . Also want to thank everyone for the timely responses . Thats what I like about this forumn . I don't post much but really take in alot of info . I wish I had the time to reasearch like you do Rebel . Your work on the Beale is outstanding . with 4 kids and a wife its tuff . Between work fishing and panning for gold its tuff to get out swinging .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Yer most welcome, s-13! Being retired on disability; NOW with a badly
broken rt. ankle (surgery, 3 screws, a rod), and "recovering" very nicely... NOT gonna go anywhere, soon! :D :wink: HA! I see that Jefferson County, WV... is "in" the far NORTH EAST of WV; GOTTA be LOTS of CW stuff, like in the Shenandoah Valley of VA, where MY "home-place" is & I graduated from James Madison University in Rockingham County; even was a REBEL re-enactor, back in the 1970's. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: Coffee? Chicory? (REBEL coffee). ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread