Help Researching a Civil War soldier

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hi All,

I'm pretty sure I have located a house that was owned by a "Col. W. Moore Esq." in the 1860's. Though I do not KNOW he was a Colonel in the civil war, I am assuming he was due to the rank in his title and the timeframe of his ownership.

This house is in Westmoreland County, PA.

I have tried researching him and I see a Captain that was part of the 55th Regiment in Schuykill County, PA. All other hits I can find are from other states, like a Medal of Honor recipient from Boston and some gentleman from Texas.

For all of you that know the civil war and various resources better than I do, could you find any biographical information that might pertain to the individual listed above?

If you happen to find any info that would divulge the location of where he lived, I ask that you please not post that publicly.

I don't have a lot of CW activity around my area, so my thoughts are that hitting private residences that soldiers owned may yield a few artifacts of the type that I envy when you folks post.

I got this idea when I found three buttons like the one pictured below at another old housesite

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Kevo

PACW.jpg

PACWbackmark.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread