History Channel joins search for lost Confederate treasure ( Danville Va)

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
"http://www2.godanriver.com/news/201...oins-search-lost-confederate-trea-ar-503783/"

If the link dies,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old rumors never die, at least that what producers at the History Channel are banking on.

The network has a production crew in Danville this week to search for Confederate treasure for a planned TV show, according to a release from the City Manager’s office.

The crew planned to use non-invasive techniques to search for part of Dixie’s lost fortune rumored to be in the city. The footage will be part of an episode of the network’s new “Brad Meltzer’s Decoded” series, according to the release.

They visited several Civil War sites in the area, but focused much of their search on the Green Hill Cemetery, which is among the strongest contenders to harbor the treasure.

According to legend, as Jefferson Davis and his exiled government fled South from Richmond they took the remaining Confederate treasury with them. During their stop in Danville, it is rumored that they offloaded and buried some of their loot here.

The city has regularly denied requests for those seeking uncover the treasure by digging and only allowed the History Channel to use non-invasive tools, such as metal detectors.

It is unclear if the crew found any evidence of the cache.

Upvote 0

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a person the other day that told me he has
known about the treasure. He was not a mason and I don't think the KGC even know about any treasure that may be found! All of them have passed away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread