History Channel joins search for lost Confederate treasure ( Danville Va)

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
"http://www2.godanriver.com/news/201...oins-search-lost-confederate-trea-ar-503783/"

If the link dies,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old rumors never die, at least that what producers at the History Channel are banking on.

The network has a production crew in Danville this week to search for Confederate treasure for a planned TV show, according to a release from the City Manager’s office.

The crew planned to use non-invasive techniques to search for part of Dixie’s lost fortune rumored to be in the city. The footage will be part of an episode of the network’s new “Brad Meltzer’s Decoded” series, according to the release.

They visited several Civil War sites in the area, but focused much of their search on the Green Hill Cemetery, which is among the strongest contenders to harbor the treasure.

According to legend, as Jefferson Davis and his exiled government fled South from Richmond they took the remaining Confederate treasury with them. During their stop in Danville, it is rumored that they offloaded and buried some of their loot here.

The city has regularly denied requests for those seeking uncover the treasure by digging and only allowed the History Channel to use non-invasive tools, such as metal detectors.

It is unclear if the crew found any evidence of the cache.

Upvote 0

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be at the Danville city council Tuesday. I'll have the Egypt Brick and a rock with Jefferson Davis!

How are you going to get Jefferson Davis to go with a rock with you? And an Egypt Brick what is that?

And why are you going to Danville City Council? They will not help you in any way shape or form.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have some bricks out back by the garage.... wanna buy them ?

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if there old and fat looking and
thick. This means they were sun baked
bricks, not kiln dried. I went to Thomas's
Letcher home after Jeb Stuart home. (Lee's eyes)
Letcher S. A.R died 1760? The brick made 1730!
Also analyzed the mortar!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brick symbolizes in the beginning, start of world, beginning of life on earth! Asia Minor Mesopotamia.

Go over towards Dan Daniel's Park there are mountains of bricks. Danville is covered with "plantation brick' These bricks are dried and made right there in Danville. I have plenty at home. I have one from the "Ann Benedict House" on Wilson Street. That is where the Confederate Government ran it's government business from while in Danville. It is where the Mexican Silver Dollars where kept until they were buried for safe keeping. I have a "plantation brick" from an old home in Danville actually the oldest brick home in Danville built in 1756 and is still standing. I have a "plantation brick" from the warehouse near where the "Treasure Train" was parked from April 3rd to April 6th, 1865. "Plantation brick" are plentiful in Danville and everywhere else and they are not "Egyptian Bricks" they are simply hand made bricks by slaves.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if there old and fat looking and
thick. This means they were sun baked
bricks, not kiln dried. I went to Thomas's
Letcher home after Jeb Stuart home. (Lee's eyes)
Letcher S. A.R died 1760? The brick made 1730!
Also analyzed the mortar!

Hey William , i was just being funny. I see that you have been around the forum for just a few weeks , in time you will need a little humor from time to time.

As for giving out clues.... probably never happen. Franklin is one of a very small few who have more knowledge on the issue than you and i could ever hope to know. As a matter of fact , i am 55 years old and don't get impressed much . But there are a select few people ( less than 5 ) around the world who i would love to meet. Franklin is on that list. There are many people who have researched this stuff for 40+ years and beg Franklin for answers. There are thousands of pages here on this forum , read through them and you will see what i mean.

Good luck to you , though.

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit telling me good luck:icon_scratch:It has been all SKILL! WHAT did teammate of Willie Mays say
after he caught the ball over his head "I HAD IT
ALL THE WAY! MASTER THE CRAFT!

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have to read them, for I know what they
say. They are all a clue! Wm the Conqueror Esquire, Master of the Craft, ZEN Master!
Read the book, "The Unfettered Mind"

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on this sight in 2013! No one believes what I am saying so I
started posting again and still no believer. If anybody wants a clue just
private text me and I can and will prove it! But you cannot share answers,
for that would be CHEATING!

WM THE CONQUEROR ESQUIRE
MASTER OF THE CRAFT
ZEN MASTER

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should take your nonsense over to the KGC board... they might need some humor. AND GOOD LUCK.

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need luck i have all the skill, art of the Craft,
I am the KGC! I 'VE drank beer with them, beer
from Alexandria 1878 "Robert Porter brewing company! Tivoli-Trademark in a diamond shape!

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A kid is a baby goat. I am 55 going to live to 118! I know everything about being a mason and I didn't read it in a book! I've got to get some thing other than an Egypt Brick and Washington carving CAPSTONE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions