Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kc10bull said:
You should also post this in "treasure in the News" area of the forum. Great article!

I had thought about the "treasure in the news" section, but reconsidered since bones are hardly treasure. I thought the Civil War folks might find it more interesting.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a cool story..thanks for sharing too..

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two points:

1- Grave robbing (or desecration) is ok as long as you wear the moniker of 'archaeologist'
2- It amuses me that the tried and true 'we can see how they lived' is used to justify digging up human remains from 19th century
San Francisco. Had it not been for this discovery, we may never have known. Really?

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
GopherDaGold said:
Two points:

1- Grave robbing (or desecration) is ok as long as you wear the moniker of 'archaeologist'
2- It amuses me that the tried and true 'we can see how they lived' is used to justify digging up human remains from 19th century
San Francisco. Had it not been for this discovery, we may never have known. Really?

Hey, I will be the first to say do not dig up graves, but this was found only 2 ft down while refurbishing the foundation of a building. It is not the same as digging up known graves.
Heck, if you found a bunch of old bones a couple of feet down while detecting would that deter you? It would not stop me. Now if your in the middle of a cemetery when you find those bones ...................................

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'll back off on #1 but I won't budge on #2 :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread