NewBie in Louisiana

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
Hi, I am a newbie as of today I have never used a Metal Detector.I now own a new in the box zc-20 Is this a good Metal Detector or should i buy another before i unpack this one.I was going to sell it,because it is a little heavy,but i wanted some advice first.For the next question where do i go in Louisiana to hunt for civil war items and for anything else. Is there any gold here where i live.How about states that join my state I need to stay close do to low funds ;D thanks any help app. phil

Upvote 0

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Are you sure you do not mean a CZ-20? It sounds like a Fisher. Check the metal detector reviews section. If it is not there post a question.

As for Louisiana, I do not live there so I cant tell you. I know there was Civil War activity there.

I read a book called "Life in the Confederate Army" by William Watson, and he talked about a training camp North of New Orleans that he went to after the war began. You might want to try to find the area where they drilled before they marched off to war.

ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
cz 20 is a good machine. Read history books to find out where you might find Civil War sites. The always camped by water. Old trails can be found on Historic Maps.

There are books on finding Civil War relics. Read TN and ask questions.

Good luck

ericwt

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The CZ-20 is a great water machine...good for fresh and salt water down to 200 feet. It does not do well on small gold like thin gold chains, etc., but it is considered to be one of the best water units there is. You may want to consider getting a land unit with easier to use discrimination capabilities and a display if you are not expecting to go to the beach with it.

HH!
TBGO

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
One,

welcome to the board.

Lots of history in your location, check out the web,
better yet, your local library.

I assume your joking about hunting where it is
prohibited.

Looking forward seeing your finds.

have a good un..............

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Camp Walker was what it was called.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS has it right- Research. Then make sure you have permission to search.

ericwt

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Isn't the CZ-20 a water machine ? Unless your going to be beach and water hunting for relics, you got the wrong machine. If your sticking with stictly relics, you may want to look at the new Tesoro line or the Nautilus brand machines. Very deep, but no visual ID screen or meters. As far as hunting areas, those are pretty much research and find them yourself. Most people are not going to give out hot spots unless they are well known and pretty well pounded over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions