Pawn Stars/Oval CS buckle

HUNTER12

May 24, 2011
He was wrong, They did make oval belt plates with C.S. in them. Look up confederate belt buckles and plates. :read2:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard him say that too...and I thought that he was full of it. But, the buckle was really unique with the slug in it.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
River Rat said:
I heard him say that too...and I thought that he was full of it. But, the buckle was really unique with the slug in it.
RR - remember the one at JD's hunt that the young man helping at the supper in Warsaw had?His dad found it many yrs ago,not with a detector,just happened to see it in the field he was plowing.It had the ball almost dead center.JD and I both tried to buy it but he wouldn't sell it.He's not a detectorist either.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That if fake as it comes. That bullet would of been flattened out on the nose for one. The patina looks like it was brushed on and the led fill in the back seemed to over flow the brass skin. I call B.S

OP
OP
sonofmitch

sonofmitch

Apr 9, 2007
Lone Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro ,Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's what I thought. Everything I've known about Civil War buckles would be wrong if the confederacy never made an oval CS. I've seen many of them in person and in books etc. But he's an "expert". Maybe that one is fake but they did make 'em. But I've been wrong before even if only that one time.
Mitch

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hutch911 said:
That if fake as it comes. That bullet would of been flattened out on the nose for one. The patina looks like it was brushed on and the led fill in the back seemed to over flow the brass skin. I call B.S

I was wondering about that myself
but never caught what the so called
expert said about the buckle/bullet !

knack4iron

Greenie
Dec 2, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they did make oval CS. Look in my avatar. Regular size oval with small CS in the middle. 3 iron hooks on back. I dug the one in my avatar around 2000 or 2001(I'd have to look through my dated pics). I sold that buckle to Carolina Relics for $8K cash and he flipped it at the same show for $10K. So yes, they did make CS oval's. I know that as fact.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Oval or not the buckle was a fake. I have seen several bullet struck buckles in person. From one at the Shiloh Relics when Riley owned it to Union ones located in South Texas. A bullet striking a plate with enough force to penetrate it will deform the bullet badly. If a bullet entering the body strikes a bone it will flatten so badly that it will sometimes exit being larger than a half dollar.
Their is no way a bullet can strike a plate and penetrate that plate without serious deformity. The bullet in pawnstars looked clean as a baby's butt. Sorry, no way. Ask anyone who understands ballistics, not possible.

Yes Virgina, the CSA did make round plates.
http://www.armyoftennesseerelics.com/uploads/Marietta10_002.JPG

At least we rednecks of the western theater did !!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread