Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Helping a friend.

A monument erected at Gettysburg for my home state, It reads:

ERECTED BY THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA TO COMMEMORATE THE VALOR AND FIDELITY OF THE THIRD WEST VIRGINIA CAVALRY

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0006.jpg
    Scan_Pic0006.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 432

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea buddy, I think you may enjoy these shots fro Gettysburg, PA 1991 reenactment. There were nearly 15,000 participants, and these are a fraction of the shots I got. Being the way I am, I was able to get into the press section.. The place was a mad house and when they asked who I was, I said press :laughing7: I hate 2 cameras already set on tripods and one around my neck.. Now who do you think I am :laughing9:

I hope you enjoy some of the shots.. I had to shot from the original print, so they may not be that great..

Image Editing Made Easy

Image Editing Made Easy

Image Editing Made Easy

Image Editing Made Easy

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A side of you I have never seen. :tongue3: Keep posting those are awesome! :-* I will get you loosened up yet? :laughing9:

Watching a Reinactment is something some may never see my friend. And you Sir, are in the process of making History with History! :thumbsup:

Keep that footage Rollin :headbang:

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I want to go see a Reinactment now. That is Awesome footage Spart, Got ne more? :tongue3:
met a guy here in Wv that does Reinacting, Maybe I should get in touch and find out when/where They Doin it again. :headbang:
Just think of the History you are making :sign13: Make more.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have many more, hopefully tomorrow I'll get another good group up here including camp life, sutler's, an some other stuff.

You don't know how hard it was getting some of those shots, I was running in and out of the battle like silly, I tell ya :laughing7:

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
I have many more, hopefully tomorrow I'll get another good group up here including camp life, sutler's, an some other stuff.

You don't know how hard it was getting some of those shots, I was running in and out of the battle like silly, I tell ya :laughing7:
Should have been a ridin yer noble steed! Like Yo samity sam CHARGE! :laughing9:

CoOooooooOOOllLLL pics Buddy! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

These Pictures are Awesome, Everything looks so real. Maybe you should be in Photography instead of Sales! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing The Gettysburg Reinactment. Share more. This is Awesome my friend.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GaDigger81 said:
Great pictures BTW Spart!! :notworthy:
Hey Digger, I thought this would be a good thread for learning and seeing firsthand how things were in the war, Well then and now. I have never been to a Reinactment, So I PM'd Spartacus53 and asked, Ok bugged him to post his pictures of the battle at gettysburg. He posted all these pictures, I have a few but they are just scenery of Harpers Ferry from the 80's. Hoped More folks would have pictures to share New or old pics of sights and such of the civil war. From all state associated with the war, For Everyone to see these places. I have only saw a mere scratch in the surface of how many there are.

So come on folks loosen up and show what you have!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to so many reenactments I feel like I fought in that War :laughing7:

poorhunter78, you have one very near you in New Market.. They reenact the battle that the cadets from V.M.I fought in every May. Been there a few times

Also been on numerous occasions to the following

Gettysburg, PA 4 times
Mananas, VA I at least 10 times
Mananas, VA II only twice, it does overlap I, but all the construction has reduced it to almost nothing
Fredericksburg, VA 3 times
Chancellorsville, VA 3 times
Battles of Wilderness and Spotsylvania Court House 3 times

I have yet to, and want to visit Antietam, Shiloh, Petersburg and fort Wagner & Sumpter in SC

Some interesting trivia for you.. The Civil War started in Wilmer Mclean's front porch and ended in his backyard. He moved right after the first battle to get out of harms way. I just think trouble followed him

I'll leave this one for you guys to answer...

What town changed hands the most often.. I think it was either 26, or 27 times :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread