Metal Detecting near Knoxville, TN and Southern KY

HistoryDetector

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
Appleton, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to TN/KY this summer and does anyone know good sites to go to preferably Civil War sites that are legal to detect? :dontknow: I'm ten years old and I love history as well have many ancestors that fought in these areas. Now you may think this: He's only ten he must not be mature enough or I'll just sell these things, well I have to put up with bullying and teasing because I like history, all I want to do is find at least one thing that has something to deal with a major historical event. I live in WI and there's not much up here except a few Indian war sites from the 1800s. Very excited for this trip so could someone help me out. PLEASE!!

Thanks!:metaldetector:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HistoryDetector
Welcome to t-net. We are glad to have you. Nice that you are interested in such a good and fun hobby. History is a lot of fun. Well as you know Knoxville saw some civil war action. I have not hunted there but do know there are a few really good clubs in that area. We also have a Tennessee and Kentucky section here. You might try posting there as well. I know that member Woodland detectors came to Knoxville and hunted with a club and some guys and they did pretty good on the civil war relics. Post back and I will try to help you or introduce you to someone on here to help with your journey. Send me a PM if I do not respond back as I get busy sometimes. Thanks and..
Take care
TnMtns

P.s No one will bully or tease you here I promise :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HistoryDetector

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
Appleton, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

HistoryDetector
Welcome to t-net. We are glad to have you. Nice that you are interested in such a good and fun hobby. History is a lot of fun. Well as you know Knoxville saw some civil war action. I have not hunted there but do know there are a few really good clubs in that area. We also have a Tennessee and Kentucky section here. You might try posting there as well. I know that member Woodland detectors came to Knoxville and hunted with a club and some guys and they did pretty good on the civil war relics. Post back and I will try to help you or introduce you to someone on here to help with your journey. Send me a PM if I do not respond back as I get busy sometimes. Thanks and..
Take care
TnMtns

P.s No one will bully or tease you here I promise :thumbsup:

Well thanks and I'll be happy to see if there are any good clubs which I could hunt with. Thank you very much as I wasn't very lucky with my research. I haven't found anything good but a 1921 wheat penny, a 1943 wheat penny and a buffalo nickel. It stinks a little that I'm pretty much the only kid in the whole school who knows about history.:icon_thumleft:

Thank you!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread