Civil War Show & Sale -in the N Ga. Area-

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who are in the North Georgia area , The 35 annual Southeastern Civil War Show & Sale is this weekend [ Aug,10th & 11th 2013] @ the Cobb County Civic Center ,located at 548 South Marietta Parkway ,Marietta Georgia , Admission is $5.00 for adults & children under 10 are free. more info, is available at www.NGRHA.com Come and check it out if you like...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers,
See you at tonights club meeting?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers,
See you at tonights club meeting?
Uncle Jeff , I was planning on going to the meeting tonight but after the 1st day of school for my 5 year old & 2 Doctors appointments , i'm just plain worn out , guess ill see you at the show. Hope you win the door prize good luck ..Davers

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the liberty to Post the info on another Georgia Board hopefully when we finish with the Tunnel Hill property , We will have something to present next year

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took a vote tonight on next years door prize, the club agreed to buy an 1850 Calvary sword with scabbard for 350 dollars for next years prize. It was really nice looking with a good patina.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they having the show again this year in Dalton as well? I was in Tunnel Hill yesterday :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the Dalton show is going to happen , I just can not recall the time frame that it usually takes place

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took a vote tonight on next years door prize, the club agreed to buy an 1850 Calvary sword with scabbard for 350 dollars for next years prize. It was really nice looking with a good patina.

Sounds good to me, thank's for the info,..

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the liberty to Post the info on another Georgia Board hopefully when we finish with the Tunnel Hill property , We will have something to present next year
I've seen many nice relics come out of that area over the years. My wife's cousin recently moved from Ringgold to Tunnel Hill & we went to visit him and his family a couple weeks ago [ of course the wife say's no relic hunting ,it's family time ] when we arrived I noticed the Historic Marker saying " this is where Sherman began his March to the sea" only a couple miles from where we were staying ; needless to say I got the relic hunting itch & scouted a few nice areas to hunt but not having the time & not knowing anyone in the area ;hunting any sites in the area was not going to happen. I asked her cousin to keep me in mind when talking to any neighbors and at Church to see if he could get us permission to hunt in the area. I wish yall good luck & look out for those darn ticks , I got 2 just walking in his yard ,they were smaller than the type I,m used to here in the Kennessaw Ga. area .

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the Marietta show,its big enough but not too big .

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to hit the show Sat --- see what it is about ----- There is a new spot we came upon through talking to a guy in Ringold he said his property was on the flanks of some battles and that there are 3 old stone foundations on his property , said they were used as Hospitals you never know !!! We have one tunnel hill piece soaking in diesel at the moment alot of junk coming off, needs about 3 more weeks and diesel changes

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to hit the show Sat --- see what it is about ----- There is a new spot we came upon through talking to a guy in Ringold he said his property was on the flanks of some battles and that there are 3 old stone foundations on his property , said they were used as Hospitals you never know !!! We have one tunnel hill piece soaking in diesel at the moment alot of junk coming off, needs about 3 more weeks and diesel changes

Sounds good ,hope you enjoy the show & I wish you luck on your sites; I,m not sure of the term "soaking in diesel" but ill take it there's heavy equipment around.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good ,hope you enjoy the show & I wish you luck on your sites; I,m not sure of the term "soaking in diesel" but ill take it there's heavy equipment around.
Not Really When I finds parts that are rusted ect , I soak them in Diesel Fuel --- It tends to loosen any rust and seeps into places to break up any rust bound parts . It is cheaper than 10 Gallons of KROIL

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Show GLAD I WENT ==== Friend won a door prize Will make Dalton Next Year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread