Found Some really BIG cannon ordinance ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Was searching around a old home site that dates to the 1850's today, there is a old outdoor chimney type thing way out back near the woods, well I was searching around it and noticed there was a cavity in the furnace thingy, reached in and felt something cold, went to grab it but I could'nt really lift it with one hand, so I had remove a few old bricks, to get them out.
Biggest damn bullets I have ever seen, the big one must weigh 50 pounds, and the little one maybe 35 pounds, the smaller of the 2 has, it looks like brass rifling.
I do not have a camera, so I will do the best I can with my crappy phone.
View attachment 862900
View attachment 862901
View attachment 862902
View attachment 862903
View attachment 862904

Oh and I found this silver buckle ?
View attachment 862906

If anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate it, I am the google king, and I cannot find anything thats even close to these.

Mike

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe what you have on the big one is something similar to a 90mm armor-piercing anti tank projectile.. You should post this in the "What Is It" section here on TN. There is CannonBallGuy who has written two books, one of which is very well known Civil War Projectile book. He answers many questions related to projectiles in the "What Is It" section.

This projectile looks like it has been fired but - you should be careful with these until you have someone "who knows what they are doing" check it out. Civil War projectiles are not very sensitive, the only way you can basically make a Civil War projectile/cannonballs go off is by drilling into them. However, post Civil War projectiles can be very different, some are not sensitive, while others just one big drop or it getting to hot (say next to a fireplace you hang it) can make it go off.

Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing to do is go to a lake and chuck it in there lol. seriously tho - i wouldn't mess around with this if i dug it, unless it was civil war or pre. Good luck.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update... Whoever it was that said that one bullet may be a live HE Round...
Yep! It certainly is.
It is still sitting on my desk.

Boom!
I believe you have common sense but be careful.

P.S. I still remember your Dad using his 1265 X . I hope it was the 1265 & not the 1266 ' my 1266 Kicked butt last week & saw a 1265 for sale in a shop last Dec.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably my 1265x
Pro stock has had it for 5 years.
I know what you are thinking.. Why not call, well, he said it would probably take him a few years to fix it.
I'm actually too sick to call.
If it's gone, I'll cry.
That's the only thing of my pops that I had.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread