Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
Had a great hunt with D, B, and T on Sunday. ;D Got two Relic firsts for me...an Eagle Artillery Button, and a "Butt Plate" for the stock of an old rifle or Musket. Recovered two pretty nice Eagle Cuff Buttons. The backmark on one cuff button has me puzzled since it says "EXTRA" and another word partially obscured by the folded down loop that ends with a "TY". Any help with a timeframe on the buttons or the Butt Plate and ID's on the other finds would be welcomed.

Found lots of lead, a small oval shaped brass plate "?", 3 rimfire bullet casings, an old pocket knife, and a few "Whatzits".

Tailgate shots.

My Finds. (Had a couple more finds in the pics above that I somehow missed getting in the tailgate shot).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
You've got a civil war HOTSPOT!!! That buttplate is civil war and so are the buttons and so are the bullets. The bullets with the rings are different types from a Sharps rifle. The artillery buttons are getting rarer and rarer.

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds Bigfoot, your buttons are probably Scovills or Horstmann. It reads.. Extra Quality.
I went out yesterday and found an Infantry and Dragoon button. Love those civil war era buttons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread