Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
white's dfx 300
tesoro eldorado
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
feb.2014 117.jpg feb.2014 115.jpg feb.2014 116.jpg

found this beauty today in a small trickle creek that is swollen with melting snow....i have metal detected that creek MANY times and today i pulled out this!.....i had to work hard and cut a couple of roots, pulled out a few rocks....one rock i thought was a hunk of metal, causing the signal and i was surprised when it didn't ring.....i knew it was out of the hole and started looking through the mud i had pulled out of the water.....i found something round and i was like, what is THIS?....then i saw the tabs....then i saw the US!!.....and i let out with a hoot and holler!!......i was so excited!....i knew i had something good!.....and thought it might be a rosette....my son and i looked through a civil war book we have and found a similar one....we then looked online and found one just like it.......a civil war cavalry bridle rosette.....but all i can find are pictures and not info......so if anyone has any additional info about it, please let me know!

Upvote 0

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
its a bit boss for a horse bridle , these were used from around the Civil War era to about World War I

Attachments

• bit bridle.jpg
    bit bridle.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
R

relicmom

Jan 25, 2014
northern virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
white's dfx 300
tesoro eldorado
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know what the difference is between mine and ones that have a period between the U and the S ?

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they were just made in different places. I found one that has the period and it seems like someone on here told me about the ones with the period and without and that they were just made in different locations. Nice Civil War find! The one I found is one of my favorite finds.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find it is late but will try to dig some out I dug from the mounted 6th calvary from war world I. The difference is in the script. Good chance it is what you think!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread