Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I picked up an old china cabinet for under $100. The upper cabinet has two glass shelves. On the top shelf I have a Union area, Confederate area, and a Colonial area. I have attached numerous gold hooks to the back wall to hang some relics from and have piled numerous categories in different areas on the second shelf such as finials, brass square, nails, horse tack items etc. On the bottom shelf/base I have the heavy items; cannon balls, early Mason/fruit jars that I have different category civil war bullets, marbles, pipe stems, CW eagle buttons etc. The coolest thing I have is a small brass box out of a CW site that I gently put back together and have about 20 old (1700s) English half pennies (most of them pocket worn) piled in the box and a tiny old brass rabbit that I dug sitting on top of the pile guarding it. The cabinet sits on a small dresser that I use to store all my preserved iron tools etc as well as plastic coffee cans full of unidentified hoganflagles and verpshnyders. This is a new computer (I'm an XP victim) that I still need to program my camera into so hopefully I can post a pic soon of my little museum I created for house guests to enjoy.

I have been a digger since 94 so I have been lucky enough over time to trip over some relics in my outings, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Actually surprised myself and got the camera working fine. Dug Museum.jpg

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up an old china cabinet for under $100. The upper cabinet has two glass shelves. On the top shelf I have a Union area, Confederate area, and a Colonial area. I have attached numerous gold hooks to the back wall to hang some relics from and have piled numerous categories in different areas on the second shelf such as finials, brass square, nails, horse tack items etc. On the bottom shelf/base I have the heavy items; cannon balls, early Mason/fruit jars that I have different category civil war bullets, marbles, pipe stems, CW eagle buttons etc. The coolest thing I have is a small brass box out of a CW site that I gently put back together and have about 20 old (1700s) English half pennies (most of them pocket worn) piled in the box and a tiny old brass rabbit that I dug sitting on top of the pile guarding it. The cabinet sits on a small dresser that I use to store all my preserved iron tools etc as well as plastic coffee cans full of unidentified hoganflagles and verpshnyders. This is a new computer (I'm an XP victim) that I still need to program my camera into so hopefully I can post a pic soon of my little museum I created for house guests to enjoy.

I have been a digger since 94 so I have been lucky enough over time to trip over some relics in my outings, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Actually surprised myself and got the camera working fine. View attachment 975608

Love your Display ..Under 100 bucks is a great deal on that Cabinet.
p.s. The lock is a Must.
Davers

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love your Display ..Under 100 bucks is a great deal on that Cabinet.
p.s. The lock is a Must.
Davers

Thanks, cabinet did not look like that when I bought it. Had a lot of refinishing, installed missing glass, straighten out/reset and attached the back plate properly.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice cabinet Dug! We have some CW items in a glass china cabinet much like Dug's in our living room,not much of a china type person so it was the perfect place to displays some of our relics. In the study we have some Riker cases with small relics in them intermingled with books about History and the CW.

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
I concur! Super display! I got the relics but need a cabinet like that.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, cabinet did not look like that when I bought it. Had a lot of refinishing, installed missing glass, straighten out/reset and attached the back plate properly.

A Job well Done!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO Sometimes Finding The Relics is the easy part .

Cleaning And Displaying Can be Much more Difficult.

ESP, The Iron Ones

Davers

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those little corner cabinets with lights in it. It is way to small though. I would love to dump out my china cabinet and use it!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Actually surprised myself and got the camera working fine. View attachment 975608

That is AWESOME!

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of ways to display stuff but I really like the china cabinet/display case. I always keep stuff together from the same dig sites but also like putting large piles of
bullets mixed with the cannonballs etc. There are also a variety of holders/display cases available. Hope this helps!
cwstuf7.png cwstuf3.png cwstuf4.png cwstuf5.png cwstuf6.png

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of ways to display stuff but I really like the china cabinet/display case. I always keep stuff together from the same dig sites but also like putting large piles of
bullets mixed with the cannonballs etc. There are also a variety of holders/display cases available. Hope this helps!
View attachment 1084064 View attachment 1084065 View attachment 1084061 View attachment 1084062 View attachment 1084063

Awesome Display!!!
My issue is I Categorize Everything "I" dig by Site Dug as well.
Most sites only give up 1- 20 relics. but thats another story..
Also have many relics that I have Won , Bought , or been Given , they would be in another Category .
I'm slowly figuring it out tho.

That 'War Log 'is cool ,What's in it?
Also like the look of the Cannon Balls on the Minies ( that Bottom Shelf can sure hold some Weight).

A Beautiful Display Indeed.

Davers

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Display!!!
My issue is I Categorize Everything "I" dig by Site Dug as well.
Most sites only give up 1- 20 relics. but thats another story..
Also have many relics that I have Won , Bought , or been Given , they would be in another Category .
I'm slowly figuring it out tho.

That 'War Log 'is cool ,What's in it?
Also like the look of the Cannon Balls on the Minies ( that Bottom Shelf can sure hold some Weight).

A Beautiful Display Indeed.

Davers
The war log is half of a downed tree my son and I found in Cold Harbor. It has probably 5 or 6 bullets in it that I know are civil war period because we picked up another half dozen or more under and around it where the wood had rotted. I had it out in my barn for two or three years before I brought it in. Sprayed it heavily for bugs and mold and brought it in one weekend when my wife was out of town!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny..
Was gonna ask 'What did wife say about that'?
Again Great Display..
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread