Whats so special about this CSA button??

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO ..The Info & pics say it all , it's also noted that It has a Superior Quality (back mark) Tho I did not see a photo of the back mark. Plus it being non-dug is a +. I,m no button Expert by far.
I suppose it's worth whatever someone wants / wanted to pay for it.

Was your button Dug ?
Does it have the eye appeal like the one on e bay ?
What type of back mark does yours have?

Personally I would never sell a button that I dug of that style, heck I don't even want to sell any of my GS Eagle buttons.
Also unless I had $ coming out my arse , I would never purchase such a button off E bay, at least they have the 14 day money back guarantee .
Davers

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Anytime I see something sell way out of line on ebay I do a comprehensive bidder analysis. I took a quick glance at this one and several things jump out at me. One early bidder with over 5,700 feedback has 2% of his bidding with the seller....that smells. Then Feb 23rd, a bid of $157 is entered, which is about right for this button and the auction goes cold until March 3rd about two hours from auction's end. Bidder 3***n(48) jumps on board with bids that begin in small increments $10 then $5 then $60 then $5, he's all over the place. Eventually he starts to bid in $100 increments. The auction winner m***(56) put a max bid of $1,125 in on Feb 23, same day as the auction goes cold. So bidder 3***n(48) just keeps bidding and runs the auction through the roof. It's not uncommon to see an auction run up during the closing minutes but 3***n(48) places his last bid with a little over two hours remaining and never hits it again.

It is my opinion that two or three things happened here. Auction winner placed an erroneous high bid..heck I've done it, it happens. Bidder 3***(48) and seller have an arrangement to run the price out the back door and if he wins...just cancel the transaction...no harm no foul and no one looses a dime. Seller gets to relist for free.

A long time ago when I was selling on ebay, I had two user accounts with two separate ID's and more importantly..two separate computer IP addys. I would run up my own auctions like nobody's business. I would buy and sell on both accounts to keep the feedback ratings good and climbing. Trust me, it still happens and Ebay knows it and frankly they don't care, it's not illegal because it's an "auction". Ebay does give us the tools to sniff this stuff out if you're willing to look in depth at the bidding history. Particularly, the Bidding Activity (%) With This Seller. When ebay adding this cute little function I was nailed by potential buyers, 'cause 50% of my bids were "to this seller"...LMAO!

I think your gut feel is correct, this button is not worth $1,100+. I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by seeing a result such as this then listing the same item and it sells for hardly nothing.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime I see something sell way out of line on ebay I do a comprehensive bidder analysis. I took a quick glance at this one and several things jump out at me. One early bidder with over 5,700 feedback has 2% of his bidding with the seller....that smells. Then Feb 23rd, a bid of $157 is entered, which is about right for this button and the auction goes cold until March 3rd about two hours from auction's end. Bidder 3***n(48) jumps on board with bids that begin in small increments $10 then $5 then $60 then $5, he's all over the place. Eventually he starts to bid in $100 increments. The auction winner m***(56) put a max bid of $1,125 in on Feb 23, same day as the auction goes cold. So bidder 3***n(48) just keeps bidding and runs the auction through the roof. It's not uncommon to see an auction run up during the closing minutes but 3***n(48) places his last bid with a little over two hours remaining and never hits it again.

It is my opinion that two or three things happened here. Auction winner placed an erroneous high bid..heck I've done it, it happens. Bidder 3***(48) and seller have an arrangement to run the price out the back door and if he wins...just cancel the transaction...no harm no foul and no one looses a dime. Seller gets to relist for free.

A long time ago when I was selling on ebay, I had two user accounts with two separate ID's and more importantly..two separate computer IP addys. I would run up my own auctions like nobody's business. I would buy and sell on both accounts to keep the feedback ratings good and climbing. Trust me, it still happens and Ebay knows it and frankly they don't care, it's not illegal because it's an "auction". Ebay does give us the tools to sniff this stuff out if you're willing to look in depth at the bidding history. Particularly, the Bidding Activity (%) With This Seller. When ebay adding this cute little function I was nailed by potential buyers, 'cause 50% of my bids were "to this seller"...LMAO!

I think your gut feel is correct, this button is not worth $1,100+. I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by seeing a result such as this then listing the same item and it sells for hardly nothing.

Very informative info ; Thanks
Davers

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look you will see it had 33 bids. You can look up each bidder and see what they bid on and when. Sometimes their last bid is 23 hours before auction ends. If you look you will see that the guy was bidding against himself and raising the bid by over $200.00 one time. I always watch the seller closely and would have raised heck if I had bid on that item and it went off the charts. It won't let me show the bidder but it was the same guy driving the price up..
Check it out. 1320 nailed it.
B
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
m***.
s.gif
( 68
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,125.00Feb-23-14 19:47:48 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,100.00Mar-03-14 16:52:11 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,010.00Mar-03-14 16:51:56 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $925.00Mar-03-14 16:39:38 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
If you look you will see it had 33 bids. You can look up each bidder and see what they bid on and when. Sometimes their last bid is 23 hours before auction ends. If you look you will see that the guy was bidding against himself and raising the bid by over $200.00 one time. I always watch the seller closely and would have raised heck if I had bid on that item and it went off the charts. It won't let me show the bidder but it was the same guy driving the price up..
Check it out. 1320 nailed it.
B
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
m***.
s.gif
( 68
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,125.00Feb-23-14 19:47:48 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,100.00Mar-03-14 16:52:11 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $1,010.00Mar-03-14 16:51:56 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
US $925.00Mar-03-14 16:39:38 PST
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
3***n
s.gif
( 49
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)

Nice screen capture! There's something else in the screen shot that I didn't notice before....bid timing. At 16:39 he bids $925, 12 minutes later $1,010, less than one minute later..$1,100. Odd.

Here's what I think happened....3***n(49) is working for the seller to sniff out m***(68)'s high bid that he placed on Feb 23rd. (It's easy to tell when someone has placed an earlier maximum bid because if you place a lower bid, it is immediately overridden and you are prompted to bid again. 3***(49) places that $925 bid at 16:39 and probably goes apey (yes that is word). Probably makes a phone call or email to seller asking "want me to hit it again?! 12 minutes later, he gets the green light.

"Well, that record is just going through the xxx damn roof"
"They playin' it far away as Mobile"
"Whole damn State's goin' apey"

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the old --pump and dump ploy --works with stock markets too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another possibility is that he had a minimum bid in. Then every time you bid it raises it just enough to give him the winning bid until it reaches his minimum. Many times I have to keep bidding until I beat out the other guys minimum. But I only start testing it minutes before closing. Not like they did.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Another possibility is that he had a minimum bid in. Then every time you bid it raises it just enough to give him the winning bid until it reaches his minimum. Many times I have to keep bidding until I beat out the other guys minimum. But I only start testing it minutes before closing. Not like they did.

Same here, minutes before closing....

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again (more) great info,
If someone actually knows the market Prices for CW Relics,
It seems the high bidder would have known that the button really should not sell for that much money
& therefore not pay a price that is Way above Market for that type of Piece.
Someone must have REALLY wanted that button.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions