Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone. Usually I'm in the "Beach and Shallow Water" forum. I found some bullets in the mud near Boston Harbor and need some help with them. How old are they? Any thoughts? ??? I'm not even sure if this is the appropriate forum. However, I have zero experience with bullets.

20140816_092447.jpg 20140816_093053.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

HH,
Fenway

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Hard to tell From the Pic's ..

IMO- The one with the flat base 3 Ringer "MAY" be CW era Depending on the Diameter / Weight .

Is the plain sided Bullet (Square) in Shape? (.or at-least some of it.)

The piece that you say has a N, Z or IV on it looks to be Carved [at some time].. Not Sure on that one.
&
The round Ball Can be Judged "IMO" By Weight /Diameter As well.

Nice Assortment of Finds , You got there.

Davers

CONFEDR8

Sep 15, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For the three ringer, is there an indent in the bottom of the bullet? If the indent is conical (somewhat), it is most likely a Minie Ball used during the Civil War. For the lead piece between the three ringer and the musket ball, can you see any shape to it at the base of it? Is is square, hexagonal, etc.? And as for the musket ball, depending on the width/diameter and since you found it in the Boston Harbor area, I would say there is a possibility of it being a Rev War bullet. For which side, I don't know. I am not an expert but that is what I would guess for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread