Recommendation for Riker display easels...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wanted to provide a short review/recommendation for those who are picky about their display cabinets.

For me, in regards to Riker displays - I wasn't real happy with the choices out there for display easels. The plate stands and similar wire/brass options either looked like garbage or took up to much space for my liking. I wanted museum quality stands, but didn't want them to be too obvious.

I knew I wanted acrylic, but I couldn't find anything other than cheap-looking Chinese crap.

I finally found these over at acornnaturalist.com.

They come in 3 sizes to hold any size riker, and are really sturdy so you don't have to worry about an 18" riker packed full of Minies tipping over.

They are also crystal clear and low profile so they practically disappear behind the riker display, over glass shelves, in front of mirror-backed cabinets, etc. This is a great design to have if you have an illuminated cabinet, as the acrylic stands let light pass through and onto the shelves below minimizing shadows.

Oh, and they are made in the USA.

Anyways, hope this helps someone!

3d6a0f291757d3ad4e3464df0ee0b659.jpg

b59761f286a465cf51428e9438760580.jpg

8e3fe468ef97c7dfe63116af307d2634.jpg

163f9b0c8e18ad563ff6e4c0a2b2bc42.jpg

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing.

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Very tastefully done! Thanks for the tip. I can always use new/better riker stands. John

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool!
Do the Small Round ones Contain Coins ?

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool!
Do the Small Round ones Contain Coins ?

Wow, i could have swore i answered this...?
Sorry about the delay!

Yes sir, they are those Air-Tite brand holders and each contains a coin - all dating between 1858-1864 to coincide with the Civil War relics I have displayed.

I actually just had a USB microscope/camera delivered this week, and I was planning on testing it out this weekend with some of my Texas buttons and these coins...

So photos to follow i suppose.

~Tejaas~

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tejaas-
In your first and second pictures, there is eagle emblem in that small riker case. I found one like this, do you know what it was used for or whats its purpose was?

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tejaas-
In your first and second pictures, there is eagle emblem in that small riker case. I found one like this, do you know what it was used for or whats its purpose was?

Absolutely.
Great find, by the way!

It is a hat pin, commonly known as a "Jeff Davis" pin... And it was used to pin the brim up on the Model 1858 "Hardee" pattern hat.

Left side pinned up --> Infantry
Right side pinned up --> Cavalry and Artillery

ddcdfbb77cbcea2ff790b7dd25671dfb.jpg

~Tejaas~

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you very much! Mine is broken but still a great relic for my civil war case. Great to learn something as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread