More relic ID help needed please.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I posted this stuff in the “todays finds” section along with some other finds. Though I did get some very good information about some of my finds there are a couple that still remain un-identified. So I thought that I would try here. I was hoping that I could get some ID help on these items if anyone knows. They came from a site that had a large Union camp on it for at least the last three years of the war. The Brass strap thing is thin and about 2" or so long and maybe 1/4" wide. I left the 3 ringer in the pic for scale. And then there is the tool / spike / tent stake/? thing. It is hard to see in the pictures but the tip is tapered just like a standard screw driver. It does not come to a sharp point like a chisel or wedge. I thought that it could be a tent stake but it seems way too small for that.
Anyway I would appreciate any and all help with this stuff (or any of the stuff in my other post). Thanks

JimK

Todays finds post

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/453658-sunday-relic-hunt-three-buttons-lot-questions.html

Attachments

• brassstrap.jpg
    brassstrap.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG1419.jpg
    IMAG1419.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 85
  • tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rectangular brass piece with the 3 holes on each end was used to help hold epaulettes on the uniform. Two of them (one for each shoulder) were sewn (using the holes) on the uniform, and the long brass underside of the epaulette was then slid under it and then attached to the twist key. At least I hope that made sense. :)

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rectangular brass piece with the 3 holes on each end was used to help hold epaulettes on the uniform. Two of them (one for each shoulder) were sewn (using the holes) on the uniform, and the long brass underside of the epaulette was then slid under it and then attached to the twist key. At least I hope that made sense. :)

Thank you. It makes perfect sense in more ways than one. I found that brass strip about 5-10 feet from a epaulet key that you turn to hold it on he shoulder. Thanks again for the information and ID.

JimK

Attachments

• IMAG1416.jpg
    IMAG1416.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 75

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread