Rdh5832

Greenie
May 3, 2015
Chattanooga TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today was my first metal detecting trip. I am very happy with my first trip. I found a musket ball and 2 other items, I'm not sure what they are. Maybe bayonets or tent stakes is what I'm thinking? They look old enough to be from civil war area. They were about 8 inches down in the ground, right next to each other. Found on missionary ridge in chattanooga. Any help with these would be a lot of help! Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net Rdh. Not sure about the tent stakes they may be modern and were drove and left in the ground. The lead musket ball is very nice. I would check the hole it may be a drop and have a few small balls. Looks like buck and ball and it was used on the ridge by the confederates for close up battle.. I hunt up there often and was going to post up a few bullets I dug in Chattanooga this weekend.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find'..
I agree with TMts Re-check the area if you have not all ready.

I was in Chattanooga back in Dec, For the Celebration Of Life Service For a Sweet Little Girl who was called home Too Soon ' IMO, anyway did not have but a couple hours to hunt , Went to Knob Hill (hope my spelling is correct) & took Some Nice Pictures ,Wanted to hunt the torn down houses across the Street but they were a little to close for comfort to the Fenced in Hill site.
Drove up on the Ridge & saw all the Historical signs & Nice Homes Up there, but I only hunted a Patch of woods behind a School & new looking Hospital only found some Clad & a decent pair of Sun glasses that I still wear.

The ball would have made my day ,'having no Relics from that area'.
Keep trying.& Good Luck.
Davers

OP
OP
R

Rdh5832

Greenie
May 3, 2015
Chattanooga TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi TnMoutains.
I appreciate your feedback on my comment, even thought it was some time ago. I haven't detected much since then but i am trying to get back into it. I found the above items in my wife's aunt and uncle's house on missionary ridge. A few months ago, we bought on a house on missionary ridge, on south crest road, across from the bragg reservation. i have been hunting my yard and found a few things. i believe they are from the old trolley up there. i am hunting hard and would really love to find some bullets in my yard. do you have any tips? If you don't mind, look at my post before this one. I found a few interesting objects in my back yard. I have seen a lot of your posts and would certainly appreciate any guidance!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice round ball, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread