Enfleld Rifle Bullet Cut in Half??

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday while scouting a new site , I found one of the Coolest/strangest 'IMO' CW bullets I've ever dug.

I got a good lead signal on my Machine & dug down a Few inches (on a rocky Hillside) and found what I first thought was a Cast 45 Cal bullet with a shallow dished base, but got to looking & thought it was just to big for a 45 & looked a-lot like the Tip of an Enfield or other 'rounded nose CW bullet.
Got to thinking & to me it really looked like the tip of an Enfield & thought it would be cool if is was a variant with a mark in the base (If I recall right an 'L' or '54' or '57'. ) Thought I could see something in the base rubbed a little & it turned out to be a '57' Sweet!.
It looks to have been fired but only a small notch or two on the nose but other than that it's rounded nicely.

Now I could see where it had been "sliced" in a downward motion making the lead thinner until the base just fell off, it was not bent as if it came off when it was fired.
If i'm right these rounds were wrapped in paper ,so it would have been hard to cut while it was still in the paper or maybe it was cut just enough to when it was fired the base would come off & make 2 Projectiles ???

Maybe it was carved & never fired & the indention's in the nose were from being dropped or Stepped on .???
It came from an area where I dug 3 fired 3 ringers, 1 fired round ball but these bullets were not super squashed & retained much of their original shape also dug 1 dropped 3 ringer.

Has anyone ever dug, or seen a bullet that was cut like this.

It looks really cool , I need & hope to post pic's ASAP.
Thanks
Davers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures pictures pictures,lol

I'm Super Slow but will "Try" to do ASAP + Got some What is it's I need to post.

Good Luck Up-par in them Hills & Hollers.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Super Slow but will "Try" to do ASAP + Got some What is it's I need to post.

Good Luck Up-par in them Hills & Hollers.

Yes sir!
New area coming up soon.Hope to see a lot of relics up thar in those hills and hollers. Will be in N.Ga. I will take an enfield over a 3 ringer any day.
Happy Huntn!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread