Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ghost, we have dug a few places in and around McDowell with some success. This place has been hit hard by the old timers around here. It's hard to get permission. You should have some luck if you're close to the battle feild. Let us know. HH RN

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever been detecting in Highland County, Virginia? I've been once but going back soon.

My brother's friend has a cabin down there with a about dozen acres or more where the battle of McDowell was fought. I am going back sometime soon. Try, try try again as they say.

Any Luck?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Shenandoah Mountain in Highland County may have some interesting "stuff". Have to do some RESEARCH & INVESTIGATION...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Shenandoah Mountain in Highland County may have some interesting "stuff". R & I indicate that REBEL (CSA) Breastworks were up there; a loop trail". Rt. 250 west of Staunton, Va. Shenandoah Mountain Trail... Hiking! :hello2:

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shenandoah Mountain in Highland County may have some interesting "stuff". Have to do some RESEARCH & INVESTIGATION...

I live pretty close to the breast works and have visited them and hiked those trails many times. The breast works are protected by the CW preservation and detecting is prohibited there as well as on the national forest that surrounds it. This is a beautiful place to visit, especially in the fall. Well worth the trip.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I live pretty close to the breast works and have visited them and hiked those trails many times. The breast works are protected by the CW preservation and detecting is prohibited there as well as on the national forest that surrounds it. This is a beautiful place to visit, especially in the fall. Well worth the trip.
TY, "rn"... didn't know such was "protected".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread