It is so stinkin hot.........................................

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is so stinkin' hot.........................................

that about an hour or so is all I can stand walking around in the woods. The humidity is what is killing my search for the camp on the river. After about 20 minutes of detecting I am absolutely sopping wet and that makes it miserable. I did not find a bullet this morning or any camp equipment but I did find this sticking out of the bank in my search for an easier way up the bank and onto higher ground. I am pretty sure it is a shotgun or rifle barrel. I will clean it up further but I think I am getting close especially if the barrel turns out to be a rifle barrel...d2

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear Ya.

That's why most older Relic Hunters I know in the South call Summer the "off Season" but us Die Hard's Keep on going.
&
As I've stated before the Humidity Kills me way more than the Heat, always carry & extra shirt or 2.
I usually can wring out my Shirts when I take them off , Heck pants get soaked as well maybe TMI but
After a hunt a couple weeks ago I got this Dam Heat Rash Between my legs that won't go away cause I can not stay out of the woods long enough to let it heal.

Many times on the way back to my ride ,I can Barely Walk & feel like a guy stumbling around in the
Desert.
The one good thing about it is after I have drank everything in my backpack , I have a Cooler in the car & when I get there & open up a 32 oz Gatorade , Water , COLD COKE. & Kill 1 or 2 of them all at once it's the most Refreshing feeling (next to jumping into a pool) that I can Imagine.
Chugging those ICE COLD Drinks gives me a natural high.

Plan to get out tomorrow (Early) tho it will be cooler in the AM That humidity will have me Soaked in 30 min. + here in N GA the high is supposed to be around 95 o.

Hang in there Man you will find the Camp you seek. Hopefully the Barrel will clean up good for you.

Davers:thumbsup:

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that the river has fallen out I will probably spend most of my time wading around and searching out treasures with the old water pirate and put the camp search on hold, if that's possible, until cooler weather gets here...d2

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure looks like a gun barrel, any sign of front and rear sites on it? Also, does it have a tang?

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We moved to Virginia last year in March. But, I consider this summer my first because last year at this time we were moving into a new house. So, now that I have the time...Man the humidity. Think I'll just wait until late September.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool that you found that barrel. hopefully it means you're on to something. I definitely know what you mean about the heat and the humidity. last Sunday, it was near 100 here in middle TN, and me and my hunting partner were crazy enough to be out digging in it. we were completely soaked, but at least we brought plenty of cold water and Gatorade. good luck finding your camp!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread