Swimming holes, I love them but detest...........................

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the people that use them. I was easing around in the one closest to the house today and found 41, .9mm bullets, thank goodness they were in a pile on the river bank. Looks like someone just dumped a box of reloading bullets down the bank several years ago. I got those out before some kid found them and started throwing them in the river 'cause they sound great. But I did find a dime and a .58 Enfield bullet and some other newer bullets. I wish folks would not throw stuff or shoot in the river. I have done a bunch of shooting in the river but since I started metal detecting I have not shot one time into it. Thats my rant and here is how I find to beat the heat today...d2

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preach it Brother Preach it. I take out more trash than 20,can leave. I pick up cans Beer tops pull tabs and my favorite foil. I hunt public swimming beaches with trashcans galore but I guess its much easier to throw it down than to walk a few feet and throw it away

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Foil is my fave too!

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And the guy that decided to make pull tabs and the goober that said " Hey, why don't we put ketchup in these little foil containers ? " They both need a poke in the nose...d2

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the guy that decided to make pull tabs and the goober that said " Hey, why don't we put ketchup in these little foil containers ? " They both need a poke in the nose...d2
My new favorite goes to foil that seals juice drinks in plastic bottles. Rip it off throw it down

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new favorite goes to foil that seals juice drinks in plastic bottles. Rip it off throw it down

I never saw them before until i hit the beach last weekend...and it sucks because they read good...the new pop tops

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HEAR YA!!

Thank goodness they were in a pile.
&
Tho lead is a pain , Aluminum is the Metal I truly Hate / With a little love cause it makes things much Lighter.

Yall are right about those Ketchup packs, bottle Sealers & all those balls of Foil (Many left-over from Someone smoking Hash Oil-all the way up to Meth) . Many times in the middle of no-where or in hidden wooded areas of Parks.

D2 Good to see you Got an Enfield , made the hunt worthwhile & 10 cent is 10 cent.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread