CW relic Hunting Boom Time is over IMO.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW relic Hunting 'Boom Time' is over IMO.

I have stated this before in other post's in the past .
But
Now it's really hitting me.
Many factors play into this, like What State you are in , Law's & the number of New hunters out there.

Yes it is easier to find CW & Other Relics in parts of VA than in other CW States but even there Sites are Slowly being 'That dreaded word "Hunted Out" or Developed, or put Off limits.

This is just my Rant & my opinion ,sooo take it how ever you want.

As a friend once said , There will always be Deep relics (like in filled in trenches) or areas where Dirt has been moved A-lot over the past 150 years. & On certain Sites that have been Guarded by BIG DOG's & Men/Women with Shotguns & itchy trigger fingers. & Every now and again they will be sold off Usually to a Developer and These day's MOST! big Developers will not allow Relic hunting on their Construction Sites.:BangHead: Even when I offer to sign away 'liability' .:BangHead:

Also MANY times in Local Relic Hunting Circles (no matter what State U live in ) I find it's not what you know but who you know.

People will always get lucky and come across a Plate or Nice Confederate button every now & then.
But The Day's of finding Lot's of Buttons , Plates , Shells are few & far Between for even the Veteran Relic Hunters.
INO These days You really have to love the History & Detecting to CW relic hunt these days.
There are Many day's I'm out hunting 6-10 hours strait & feel blessed to find 1 fired bullet & don't get me wrong I am very happy to find that.

I would love to get a High Dollar Pulse Machine but there are only a few areas Clean Enough , Hot Enough or hunted out enough to justify spending that kind of money.
BUT
I guess you gotta do what you Gotta do, to find the things we love.

I have Never experienced a Paid hunt, Is it really worth it , motel ,gas, Food ,Etc,?
If there was one Close by I would attend .

Again just feeling Down right now & will NOT QUIT CW RELIC HUNTING YET, I know that I got many more Minnies & Hopefully Buttons, Plates to find in the Future.

Good Luck to all You Die Hard & New Hunters out there as the Relics are there they are just much harder to find.
Davers:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I stated earlier in this thread ,Every Fired or Dropped Bullet is like a GOLD Coin to me.

I save all the Iron ,Ax Heads , Complete horse Shoes, & The What is it's. & complete Nails from Sites that I'm 99% Sure were CW Era. Or else I'd have that big Trash Can PW was speaking of ,not of Frags but of Iron. Heck I have a Few Hundred pounds Now . Actually I save All old Complete AX heads I find.

I guess it really depends on the type of Relics one Expects to Find.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's crazy to think how things used to be for relic hunters. In the town where I grew up, there was constant troop occupation during the war. The development that I grew up in was started in the late 60's and done around 74. My mom once told me that an old timer she talked to one time told her how back in the day, before the development, there was just fields there. He said you could literally just walk up and down the fields picking up civil war relics. How insane is that?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is MAJOR Insane, things I dream about.

Of course items were not worth as much back then ...... But Still.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's crazy to think how things used to be for relic hunters. In the town where I grew up, there was constant troop occupation during the war. The development that I grew up in was started in the late 60's and done around 74. My mom once told me that an old timer she talked to one time told her how back in the day, before the development, there was just fields there. He said you could literally just walk up and down the fields picking up civil war relics. How insane is that?

Congratz on your recent plate finds.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was reading an older North South Trader 'one of the 1990 issues I think' .
&
In the Field Recoveries Section a Guy in VA had dug a Sweet Confederate AVC Plate, then at another location (Camp)
He dug 11 Tin Back Block A Buttons in one hole, it later stated that he had Dug over 300 buttons of this type over the previous few Months.. WOW!!!!!

I'd be thrilled with just one.........."Relic Boom Time"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread