Got to do some digging in Vicksburg this weekend.

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got to go to Vicksburg to do some detecting on my family's land this weekend. I found a couple of cannonball fragments and some other items. Two of the photos are items that I am not quite sure about. The buckle is different than the ones I have seen before. I would like to know about it if anyone has any info. The round unmarked piece looks like copper to me but I am not sure what it is. The coin beside the cannonball fragments is a quarter.

I am VERY new to this and welcome any information or insight any of you have regarding any of this stuff. Thanks.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did pretty darn Good Man.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sarge, you should try some bottle digging on that property. Locate the privies and dig them out.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't know if you saw it, but I answered your post in the What-Is-It forum, giving you the specific identification of that form of iron buckle. It's a Union Loop buckle, shown in a diagram in a 1907 horse-equipment mail order catalog.

OP
OP
S

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you very much for your help. That is exactly what it is. I really appreciate you.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Work,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread