Loads of bullets! Need help ID please

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone give me some info on these bullets. Found on my property in SE Tennessee near a creek. They were between 6 and 12 inches deep in the ground at the base of a huge tree stump. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

These might not be old, but the far right one beside the penny is pretty heavy and odd.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, but these bullets are post Civil War.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you Know I like to see any dug Bullets .

Def, Post -war FMJ 9 mm or 45 acp's
& older cast Bullets.

Those Fmj even in 32 cal Sound Soooo Good tho , I dug many of them on last Sunday, Also those Rifle Bullets Est, 30-30 , or 30-06 & .308's Were giving me VDI# 's Comparable to Copper cents & the FMJ 9 mm or .380's gave #'s almost equal to a .54 or .58 cal Minnie.

I had one of those Down days on Sunday , I was not Skunked I found 1, 54 or 58 Fired Minnie ( First Target at that) , 4th target a fired 44 cal Round Ball , Then after 6 hours of Modern Bullets & 30+ Shotgun Heads I got 1 ,fired 31/32 cal Ball.

It's my Opinion that the Minnie the 44 & possibly the small Round ball was Fired by someone Hunting either Pre CW or Soon After.

Sorry everyone ..I had to get that "Rant" out.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions