My Civil War finds from the last month.

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Though I've spaced my digging out over about 3 weeks or so, this represents about 5 days total of hard digging at the battle area where I was given permission to hunt. Lots of stuff is turning up, but still waiting for a dang belt plate! Different areas are producing very different results. I rarely dig shell fragments and bullets in the same area, for whatever reason. I'm pleased with the results, regardless! To date, approximately 20 bullets have been found just laying on the surface. I think my favorite find this far is the rare .69 cal Tower musket bullet I have pictured. I found two in the same hole, but the landowner did not have one in his collection so he asked for one of them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding!! Congrats to you and I love the way you did the pictures!![emoji106] [emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man those are some great finds and I think you need some help digging all those holes! what time you want me to be there?

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! I bet your pack got heavy. Great work.

OP
OP
Gitschlag

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys! Only bad thing about this is I think I'll be spoiled now because I am very new to relic hunting and this was one of my first "field experiences".

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHHHHHHHHHHWEEEEEET!

That's a great bunch of finds for just a hand-full of hunts (Much Variety).
The Tower is Cool & also nice of you to give the land owner one.

All those Fired bullets , make you think , IMO Fired CW Bullets don't get their fair share of love....but the Stories they could tell.

Be Careful Cause a Plate if it's at any Depth will sound almost just like a large .57-.69 Minnie.
So widen those holes ,it / they :laughing7: Will pop up when you least expect it.

Yr def, Spoiled Now ill bet.
Thanks for the post.
Davers :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gitschlag

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahhh, I always wondered what a plate would sound like, very good to know! I've only nicked a couple bullets, but even one is one too many!

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I can say is wow, man that's some awesome finds. Hope you get that belt plate.[emoji106]

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, I always wondered what a plate would sound like, very good to know! I've only nicked a couple bullets, but even one is one too many!

Still huntin my 1st Belt Plate , Got lucky (As Heck) & dug a Box Plate last Spring, At-least on my Tejon The plate sounded just like the Minnies I was digging at the time. & My "OG" relic hunting buddy Don M. (R.I.P.) always told me a plate would sound much like a Minnie W/the lead & all ; now V.D.I. #'s I don,t Know ???
GL

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your doing GREAT! Keep it up...you will find that plate...who knows you might find 2!!! Good Hunting!!!

OP
OP
Gitschlag

Gitschlag

Aug 7, 2011
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the support fellas, 3/4 of the fun for me is sharing this with y'all! Going back out tomorrow, will post whatever I may find!

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Davers is right on two things, it will sound like a bullet if its lead filled and it will pop out when you least expect it.....Looks like you have great variety at your spot and I'm glad to see you are digging iron. That's the kind of place that a nice shell is buried. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread