thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SCARCE DUG MELTED/GROUND FUSED BULLETS AND BUCK & BALL

Scarce Dug Melted Ground Fused Bullets and Buck Ball Bowling Green KY Finds | eBay

Has anyone seen anything like this before I do not think firing this load caused this. The only thing, I could think of is maybe they were melting down bullets round ball & buck shots over the fire to make other kinds of bulltets (bullet molds) like pistol bullets or mini balls.

I have found left over lead slabs around campfires but no partial melting bullets ....and a lot of complete drop mini balls away from the fire pit

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that is corrosion holding it together. I have seen similar pictures. With that said, I have found partially melted bullets.
454d5a3ff9e04da70eeb4fe3f35f4275.jpg
I also find lots of melted "camp lead"

HH RN

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the sellers description, he says he reconstructed these bullets with four individually found pecise.
Disregard..... I was looking at the other buck and ball. Those look melted in a fire.
HH RN

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find a lot of camp lead also around these fires. I think as the war went on there was more of the need for mini ball instead of round ball. Also, I think it was hard to get pistol,44cal & 36 cal and they made their own a lot around the fire.

I have seen some people on Ebay selling these slabs of lead as fired flat bullets.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I dig a lot of the Confederate poor mans buck and ball. I always find the larger lead then start looking for the smaller if it looks dropped.. I also get melted camp fire led but none that still has the shape of a bullet. I am sure its out there. I dug a fired and squashed part of a buck and ball sunday and hit it with my shovel!!! :metaldetector:

Spats

May 8, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are a few. Most, if turned upside down, don't show any signs of being a bullet. They take the shape of the ground or whatever they were melted onto.

Attachments

• Melted Minies.JPG
    Melted Minies.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 89

ronr

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That one was fused together by heat. I've dug many like that. I've also dug many that fused together without heat.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I dig a lot of the Confederate poor mans buck and ball. I always find the larger lead then start looking for the smaller if it looks dropped.. I also get melted camp fire led but none that still has the shape of a bullet. I am sure its out there. I dug a fired and squashed part of a buck and ball sunday and hit it with my shovel!!! :metaldetector:

Hit it with the Shovel , Nothing much else ill's me more.

Did not see the "Put Together" B& B , I think the piece is Cut & melted or just Melted.???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread