Recent Finds

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunted this two acre house site from post 1900, but older things are showing up. It is located in a plowed field.
The Eagle button according to Relicman web site is a Schoville 845 of 16 mm which matches up with the one I found. He also said the button type was from a hat or cuff and both armies used the type. Very surprised to see a relatively clean button from around here. The third piece from the left maybe a beat up lead tip of a bayonet scabbard. I have a nice one found in the past. The fourth piece is a percussion nipple protector that was whittled from 44 bullet. Thanks for looking. IMAG1533.jpg IMAG1534b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of finds! Carved lead turns me on.

HH RN

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way Cool!

Hunted this two acre house site from post 1900, but older things are showing up. It is located in a plowed field.
The Eagle button according to Relicman web site is a Schoville 845 of 16 mm which matches up with the one I found. He also said the button type was from a hat or cuff and both armies used the type. Very surprised to see a relatively clean button from around here. The third piece from the left maybe a beat up lead tip of a bayonet scabbard. I have a nice one found in the past. The fourth piece is a percussion nipple protector that was whittled from 44 bullet. Thanks for looking. View attachment 1374971 View attachment 1374972

Good to see your site is older than you thought.

The Button look's Great, 'I can see you did some great cleaning on that one'.

On the Scabbard Tip , I thought it was a Arrow Head at first look , I have never found one but I think it is indeed a S-Tip , Still never found a Nipple Protector (Carved) either.

Love the Old Brass Key ; Reckon the other brass piece is from another key?

I Been huntin another Brass Key for over 2 years now, they abound in Antique Shops but those don't have the right patina:icon_scratch:.
Great job.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread