Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a clothing button. Although it is possible that a Confederate worn it, it's nothing that makes it a "Confederate button". They can be found anywhere and have been around for years. JMO

HH RN

ucvrelics.com

Nov 3, 2014
Birmingham Al
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD
Nautilus DMC 2b 15 inch head
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree, Its just a 4 hole pants button and doesn't appear to have a mark on.

OP
OP
Bates

Bates

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of things I'm trying to date but don't want to assume or guess. I don't know the history of my property as I'm listed as the first owner because it was a larger piece of land divided and sold. I have owned it since the early 1980's. I do know there was a house and hotel on the dividecproperty that burned down in the 1960"s. So I went to plant a garden found some marbles and a buffalo nickel in my first shovel of dirt. That was 2 years ago. I dig until I quit finding things and have only managed to tear up (as my husband says) about 50 x 75 ft area, 18 acres to go at this rate I'll finish when I'm dead.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw these selling on a popular auction site as confederate disc buttons. When I Google confederate disc buttons I get nothing. Does anyone know anything on this subject.

IMO
I've always heard that these type of buttons were "Underwear" buttons used by US , Confederate , & Civilian's.

That one looks to be in pretty good shape compared to the Few I have Dug.

Like It was Stated It hard to put a "Use" date for that button.

How much was the seller asking for 1 or More?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of things I'm trying to date but don't want to assume or guess. I don't know the history of my property as I'm listed as the first owner because it was a larger piece of land divided and sold. I have owned it since the early 1980's. I do know there was a house and hotel on the dividecproperty that burned down in the 1960"s. So I went to plant a garden found some marbles and a buffalo nickel in my first shovel of dirt. That was 2 years ago. I dig until I quit finding things and have only managed to tear up (as my husband says) about 50 x 75 ft area, 18 acres to go at this rate I'll finish when I'm dead.

COOL!
I have managed only 2 Buff Nickles in 15+ years, love marbles also , enjoy yr site as it seems u have plenty of time.
Thanks for Sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread