Question_ Diggers kiss on minie ball

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dontknow.gif

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_camera.gif
I don't know about the other members but it would help me if I was able to see a few pictures for some type of solution...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few blemishes /scratches on some minie balls. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Any hints on fixing or covering them up? Thanks

Ahhhhh..Someone who thinks (Worries) like me.

For years when I scuffed a Minnie , I buried it back (A-lot) Deeper Or threw it into a place where it would be Hard to Retrieve.. Now I give them to a Buddy Who does not mind the "Kisses".

I have reburied some for 3 years & it did not help much, got a couple in planters outside for 2 years now.
I only got 5 from this Battle site & hit 3 of them with my shovel , I gave the first 2 to a Neighbor , gonna leave 1 buried as long as it takes LOL.
TMI Sorry

Heard of some folk using white out or a little white flat paint mixed with 'local' dirt then dab it on.

Just if you ever Sell them make sure u say they were "Fixed".
I asked this ? on Cleaning & Preservation a couple years ago, wanting a quick re-patina process.
I'm sure there is a Chemical mixture to make that happen but it's likely to much trouble unless it's on a plate back or rare Bullet.
Also thinking back ill bet Counterfeiters would like this info.???
GL

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahh that's nothing. I've almost cut some in half. It happens buddy. There's nothing you can do with it but be glad you recovered it. Most of the time I give them to the farmer. Grease the palm. I've learned over the years to dig a little bit bigger hole. HH TIM

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One thing have noticed is the harder the ground the more collateral damage to relics. I bunged up three nice bullets in the last year. The rock hammer is an unpopular culpret with me now. There are not many dropped bullets around here that i have found so the fired ones are imperfect usually. Plus bulldosiers and plows smash up many. Break out the whiteout.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised I don't see touch up Paint or fingernail polish.
you should be able to find something close enough to at least make it
less obvious.

though a little more drastic if you have one to sacrifice.
you could experiment on it with a Little Elmer's Glue and white Scrapings sprinkled on another part of it to see if you can hide dings.

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a "kissed" bullet" over a rusty nail any day. It's the price we pay sometimes. Just turn the good side out and be glad it wasn't a button.

HH RN

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I first started detecting real hard I began digging holes, big plugs, like every signal was a belt plate so if I ever did come across a belt plate I wouldn't put a mark on it. I found a belt plate and never put a mark upon it. I still pull out a bigger plug than normal, about 2 times the size of a coffee cup but I very seldom ever hit my signal but once or twice a year I will clobber a bullet. I think it happens more when the bullet is standing up rather than laying down...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions