1/2 Floral Wreath Tongue Buckle

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day a few days ago. I was door knocking doing some coin shooting, but my first find was a potential Confederate Floral Wreath Tongue Buckle half in great shape.

I didn't realize what I had at the time. Ten yards away I found an 1807 Draped Bust Half Cent that I thought was my find of the day.

My Civil War relic hunting buddies went nuts when I showed them the buckle. Apparently it's a fairly rare find. Going back to try to find the other half next week.

Also got a button I'm trying to ID. Cuff size, high convex, vertical anchor and 13 stars. Any thoughts?

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I really like the button. Can you read anything on the back of it?

OP
OP
J

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I really like the button. Can you read anything on the back of it?

Unfortunately, I can't read the maker on the back of the button. It is there, but not good enough shape to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!! Good luck on finding the other half! Dig every single

HH, RN

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JWP. Congrat's to you on one Super Find on the Floral Wreath buckle. Here's hoping that you are able to find the other half on your return trip. This is truly a find of a lifetime find. History brought to the Surface and Saved. Well Done. This will show well in your display. Keep us informed if you will, anxious to hear if you find the second half. :hello2:

OP
OP
J

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JWP. Congrat's to you on one Super Find on the Floral Wreath buckle. Here's hoping that you are able to find the other half on your return trip. This is truly a find of a lifetime find. History brought to the Surface and Saved. Well Done. This will show well in your display. Keep us informed if you will, anxious to hear if you find the second half. :hello2:

Thanks devil dog. I was very surprised to hear how rare the find is. Until I got home and my relic buddies saw it I thought my first Draped Bust Half Cent was my best find ever. Going back to try for the the other half Monday/Tuesday. Will update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah that Wreath is Sweet , Ditto on digging every Chirp ,trying to find the other Half, & digging "Every Chirp" you may get some more old Coins & Buttons .
I know a Buddy who lives in Maryville , so ill just shoot up 411 & see him & you asap. LOL
For Real tho , Nice Half Cent as well , I'm still hunting my 1st large Cent or Copper.

OP
OP
J

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah that Wreath is Sweet , Ditto on digging every Chirp ,trying to find the other Half, & digging "Every Chirp" you may get some more old Coins & Buttons .
I know a Buddy who lives in Maryville , so ill just shoot up 411 & see him & you asap. LOL
For Real tho , Nice Half Cent as well , I'm still hunting my 1st large Cent or Copper.

Thanks. It was a great day. The Draped Bust was my first large copper. I also got a Crotal Bell and a first year Shield Nickel all within 10 yards of each other.

Nice finds buddy.

Thanks Digger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread