Am I allowed to Metal Detect this location?

Naruhina

May 25, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver (Used)
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, But I would like to know if I'm allowed to Metal Detect this Location. It's a Civil War 1860 Era in my location. I have tomorrow off which is super rare for me (I work in a Restaurant and not many days off at all) and My brother and I were looking for places to go, After his Wife died I mentioned Metal Detecting to help get him out of the house besides work, and This would be an awesome Opportunity.

https://volusiahistory.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/volusias-bloodiest-civil-war-battle/

Please let me know :) Thank you.

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who owns the property? Is it a state or national park? Have you ever been there and seen anyone else hunting the site? First and foremost you should ask permission before hunting any property other than your own.

OP
OP
Naruhina

Naruhina

May 25, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver (Used)
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State I think, I know a lot of people fish around the area

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Great History Lesson, My Mom's Family has a-lot of ties to Platka FL , on the St, John's River & My Mom & Granddad , along with his Parents are Buried in Platka.

I been to New Smyrna many times but not in many years.

As for hunting the area , like fyrffytr1 stated make sure yr legal & try to hunt places nearby were the Known Action Was , Cause as you were taught "There was no civil War actions/battles in Volusia Co".

Id check the area out if possible , cause you never know what y'all may uncover.
GL
Davers

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
If nothing else, I earned a lot about that area and the skirmishes that occurred there Good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions