Civil War Items

TN/SC

Jun 13, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the deep south, there was a few battles not too far from where I live but are historically marked and detecting is off limits to us common folk. Anyhow I live on Savannah river and during Sherman’s destructive march to Savannah a Union regiment made camp in my now rural neighborhood for a few days, this was confederate territory. I got interested in detecting back in the 90’s as some friends searched my front yard and showed me some relics. I have hunted my yard since then with different detectors and dig very little any more, but have dug lots of union artifacts, mostly bullets but have scored some sweet buttons and other articles. My observation through experience is I find union items at a 20 to 1 ratio, especially lots of bullets. The union troops sure left allot behind. A few bullets here from my neighborhood.

HH

williams cleaners are the most prevalent bullet found also.

Attachments

• cwbullets.jpg
    cwbullets.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TN/SC

TN/SC

Jun 13, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still see some missed areas in my yard. I thought the 17" coil would get me more goodies, it hasn't.

HH

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 4.36.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 4.36.50 PM.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 132

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Union troops Hated those Williams Cleaners up here in the ATL looks like the still disliked them by the time they got to Savannah as well. Or I should say the SC side of the Savannah river.

Also that's a good # or relics to come from yr front yard esp, after others have hunted it.

Maybe that left side yard & the Woods & back yard if possible ? may yield some more Relics.

Do you know yr neighbors Well?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you but somebody spray painted your yard. Nice finds.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh you got some NICE 'Pulls' & Pistol bullets there as well.
Thanks for making me Drool.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you but somebody spray painted your yard. Nice finds.

LOL!

Now the Gov't knows the best places to hunt yr yard. LOL

Man I'm paranoid.

OP
OP
TN/SC

TN/SC

Jun 13, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the neighbor card to hunt allot, and with success. I use to hoard most of my finds but I give the property owners a chance to keep items found on their property, it has gained me lots of permissions and it's all in the recovery for me now. I've even helped out some archeologist too. I'm surprised at the folks that don't care about the local history. There are a few spots that I'm still working on permissions. Here is some more items that came from my front yard.

HH

Attachments

• yardcw.jpg
    yardcw.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 107

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! You are fortunate to have CW relics in your yard.
We also give a few items to the land owners if they are interested. That gesture goes a long ways. [emoji106]

HH, RN

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the neighbor card to hunt allot, and with success. I use to hoard most of my finds but I give the property owners a chance to keep items found on their property, it has gained me lots of permissions and it's all in the recovery for me now. I've even helped out some archeologist too. I'm surprised at the folks that don't care about the local history. There are a few spots that I'm still working on permissions. Here is some more items that came from my front yard.

HH

I totally agree with Relic Nut. You go about it the right way.

Nice Collection of Buttons / Button backs "from yr Yard" WOW!

danielisa2368

Greenie
May 29, 2017
arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Arizona and I found this Civil war button in the Harcuvar mountains , I can't seem to find one like it online . I hope someone can help identify it for me. 20170514_081537.jpg 20170514_081710.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread