always thought these were stories

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That does happen, but it's SUPER-RARE! Like one in a million chance for them to hit in mid-air, but there are actual battlefield specimens found. To find one of those, especially on a battlefield, would be a centerpiece of my collection. I've known of a few also surfacing over the years that probably hit in the ground, but a mid-air collision I've only seen in relic books. The one pictured on the site looks like one I've seen in relic books, because it was a dead-on collision like that. Wow, I've dreamed of finding one for years, but I know that will most likely never happen.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does happen, but it's SUPER-RARE! Like one in a million chance for them to hit in mid-air, but there are actual battlefield specimens found. To find one of those, especially on a battlefield, would be a centerpiece of my collection. I've known of a few also surfacing over the years that probably hit in the ground, but a mid-air collision I've only seen in relic books. The one pictured on the site looks like one I've seen in relic books, because it was a dead-on collision like that. Wow, I've dreamed of finding one for years, but I know that will most likely never happen.

Yes sir,
Def, a dream find, especially rare these days cause Most Battlefields are Protected ( for good reason).

I have seen them in books as well , yr right many were fused in the Ground or in a Tree during target practice.. 'Dead on's ' are pretty exceptional , think the "Myth Busters" on History Channel tried to recreate this , unsuccessfully :icon_scratch: 'if I recall correctly .'

My memory is not what it used to be but I think I recall seeing a Collision of a Gardner & a 69 cal Minnie that was Very nice.
GL on your Dig's:usflag:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 bullets fused together, real? From the national museum of American history, lots of good pic's and CW categories. Fused Minie Balls | National Museum of American History

WOW!
A Super good picture , you can Zoom to infinity (almost) ; look's like it once had a Patina that was removed.

Wish I could see it in 360 o , maybe I can but don't know how.

I think that I can see ' Mites ' on the Fibers in the picture. lol

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen this exhibit in person. Its awesome and captivated my imagination to the extent that my brother and I went Civil war reenactment hopping and basked in the history. As I am getting older I think more about trying to find some Civil War artifacts but I've always been more of a coin guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread