A Few Decent Finds in Alabama

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug a few good artifacts on a recent hunt in Spanish Fort, Alabama. Eight cannon friction primers, nine minie balls (with a particularly long Enfield and a Selma Arsenal manufacture both in the middle of the bottom row), seven Williams cleaner bottoms, four percussion caps, piece of a Bormann time fuse and a frag of perhaps an 8 inch mortar shell. Thanks for looking. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500225335.977141.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500225354.267787.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500225371.234283.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500225391.249477.jpg

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks A11! It was a great experience - I just hope that it's one I can repeat. I will definitely post more photos, if I can find more artifacts - lol! I've hunted this area for over four years now, so there are no more fairly easy recoveries left. I'll post a photo of the only button I found there. Keep posting your finds as well!! Dan

View attachment 1474712 View attachment 1474713 View attachment 1474715

I missed this one , A Sweet Cast I , I've only dug 1 , but a few Lucky guys in my area seem to dig 1 every month or 2.

JIC ,,See how the inside of the Shank 'or the Edge' is kinda Sharpe ? It /They should have been more rounded , that led to them cutting through the thread more easily & the being lost more often , good thing for us.

I read that recently , so I fig, i'd pass it on .

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's correct. "Yet" being the key word here.

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I missed this one , A Sweet Cast I , I've only dug 1 , but a few Lucky guys in my area seem to dig 1 every month or 2.

JIC ,,See how the inside of the Shank 'or the Edge' is kinda Sharpe ? It /They should have been more rounded , that led to them cutting through the thread more easily & the being lost more often , good thing for us.

I read that recently , so I fig, i'd pass it on .

David, This is my only one as well. Thanks so much for the info re the shank edge as that's something I would not have noticed - very interesting! Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread