Had a good hunt in Spanish Fort, Alabama last week.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug some minie balls, a buck, a lead canister ball, a couple of Williams Cleaner tails and some friction primers. I did have a first in digging two primers that were unused drops with the wire loops attached. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502728360.830418.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502728389.654356.jpg

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt!!! Those primers are sweet finds. Congratulations!
[emoji106] If you are like me, the weight of a pocket full lead fills good on the way back to the truck.

HH, RN

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt!!! Those primers are sweet finds. Congratulations!
[emoji106] If you are like me, the weight of a pocket full lead fills good on the way back to the truck.

HH, RN

Thanks RN! It's always good to have a first and a heavy pocket of lead for your troubles of dodging thunderstorms and mosquitos! Those friction primers are so delicate it's a miracle that I didn't damage any when digging them.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your two unused cannon friction-primers are an extremely rare Confederate-made version.

Their presence indicates there was a Confederate cannon-emplacement somewhere close by. Your might find some CS Artillery buttons nearby, and some fired yankee artillery shells. Every CS cannon at Spanish Fort got shot at by multiple yankee cannons during the siege.

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your two unused cannon friction-primers are an extremely rare Confederate-made version.

Their presence indicates there was a Confederate cannon-emplacement somewhere close by. Your might find some CS Artillery buttons nearby, and some fired yankee artillery shells. Every CS cannon at Spanish Fort got shot at by multiple yankee cannons during the siege.

Thank you CBG for your valuable information and many, many thanks for all that I've learned from you over the past several years that I've been on Tnet. I'm very appreciative of your extensive knowledge and the time you take to impart your expertise to all of us. I believe I may know the location of said emplacement which may be in a slight depression approximately 15 yards long and five yards wide. I'm finding friction primers and shell and mortar fragments in the surrounding area. I'd like to hunt the depression, but the elderly property owner has used it as a junk pile for the last 50 years. This winter, when it's much cooler, I'm planning to attempt to clean out the depression and truck its contents to a dump. It will be quite an endeavor, but I'm hoping that the payoff will be the recovery of additional relics once the area is cleaned and detectable. Thanks Again, Dan

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Stuff Dan.

Cool that the Friction Primers are Confederate, The Lead was the Cherry's on top your 'Primer Cake'.
GL on the 'impression clean out'.
Davers

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Stuff Dan.

Cool that the Friction Primers are Confederate, The Lead was the Cherry's on top your 'Primer Cake'.
GL on the 'impression clean out'.
Davers

I like it - LOL!! Thanks as I'm going to need it!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey N. O. I live in Covington born a raised in New Orleans. I went to the Spanish Fort by the lake Saturday and didn't find a thing. You ever went there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you CBG for your valuable information and many, many thanks for all that I've learned from you over the past several years that I've been on Tnet. I'm very appreciative of your extensive knowledge and the time you take to impart your expertise to all of us. I believe I may know the location of said emplacement which may be in a slight depression approximately 15 yards long and five yards wide. I'm finding friction primers and shell and mortar fragments in the surrounding area. I'd like to hunt the depression, but the elderly property owner has used it as a junk pile for the last 50 years. This winter, when it's much cooler, I'm planning to attempt to clean out the depression and truck its contents to a dump. It will be quite an endeavor, but I'm hoping that the payoff will be the recovery of additional relics once the area is cleaned and detectable. Thanks Again, Dan

If you need help I have a truck!!

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey N. O. I live in Covington born a raised in New Orleans. I went to the Spanish Fort by the lake Saturday and didn't find a thing. You ever went there?

I used to drive by it all the time, but I've never hunted around it. I imagine that it has been hunted for a long, long time. Sorry that you didn't have any luck on Saturday.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
N.O. Congrat's on your hunt in Spanish Fort. You did well indeed. Great finds on the CW lead and the Artillery Friction Primers. Well Done on the History saved and Continued Success to you from a Georgia Relic Hunter. I see in your avatar that you use a Whites DFX. I use the Whites MXT Pro. It looks like you have quite an arsenal line up in detectors. Like Davers said, Best of Luck to you in the depression clean out and I hope it yields some nice relics for you.

OP
OP
N.O. noir et d'or

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
N.O. Congrat's on your hunt in Spanish Fort. You did well indeed. Great finds on the CW lead and the Artillery Friction Primers. Well Done on the History saved and Continued Success to you from a Georgia Relic Hunter. I see in your avatar that you use a Whites DFX. I use the Whites MXT Pro. It looks like you have quite an arsenal line up in detectors. Like Davers said, Best of Luck to you in the depression clean out and I hope it yields some nice relics for you.

Thanks DD! If I decide to tackle the clean out and find anything, I'll post pics. Best of Luck to you as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread