A lucky 'eyeball' find on the side of US 41.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a place where a new building went in over the past year & I recovered some drops there as well as some button backs , & a few fired Enfield Bullets.

Thought it would make a good (in -situ) picture. 163.JPG 164.JPG 165.JPG

Upvote 0

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember as a kid going to TN on 41, and how the whole family dreaded going through Marietta before I-75 was built. Now 50 years later I dread driving through Marietta on I-75. I guess nothing ever changes. Nice finds, lots of Civil War history along that old road.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sweet Davers! Go back and find the rest.
Great picture

HH, RN

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember as a kid going to TN on 41, and how the whole family dreaded going through Marietta before I-75 was built. Now 50 years later I dread driving through Marietta on I-75. I guess nothing ever changes. Nice finds, lots of Civil War history along that old road.

My step-dad told me the same thing.
'A long trip to Chattanooga , it was from N. Ave (Atlanta) then Doraville back in those days.'

Now 41 is built up all the way to Emerson . ' Much to the Liking of Past Relic Hunters ' & the sorrow of those today.

Also be happy the New Express Pay lanes will open soon , so you can get through Marietta & to the 75/85 GA 400 'Bottleneck' through Atlanta that much quicker. Or you can take the 285 Bypass...If you Dare!
GL

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davers, Well done on the eyeball find on the side of the roadway. Be careful out there, we don't want to cause any chain reaction wrecks out there, Lol. We as Georgians know that if we are traveling down most roadways here and we are running 80 miles an hour, the driver behind us is doing 95. Great find, and continued success to you.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers, Well done on the eyeball find on the side of the roadway. Be careful out there, we don't want to cause any chain reaction wrecks out there, Lol. We as Georgians know that if we are traveling down most roadways here and we are running 80 miles an hour, the driver behind us is doing 95. Great find, and continued success to you.

I will def, heed your warning , the Speed limit is 55 through there so 70 mph is the avg.

I messed up & came upon Crash scene , suicide , pedestrian & 'God Bless Them ' Motorcycle Fatality pictures.

I 'Truly' am thankful there are Public Service people out there to help us & Firefighters are usually the first to get to such "Horrific" scenes . I thank you from the bottom of my Heart for all your difficult & hard work through the years.
Sincerely David .

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks so much for the kind words. I was no hero. Just a joe doing my part. I was blessed throughout my career to have a career that involved trying to serve and help others. While not every call would end in a positive note, when one would it would help make up for the others.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find! I was on US41 at its start in Copper Harbor, MI on Lake Superior yesterday. Spend the winter on US 41 in FL. Lots of good places to detect all over!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be Cool to detect from MI to FL on US 41 'For Charity' or Something positive.

Lot's of Red tape ill bet.

Feeling' Forrest Gumpish.' lol

You know I love that Movie, with all it's historical references ,From the Revolution all the way to Aid's.

I wonder what little Forest is up to Now? 8-)

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old 41 from the Tn River to Atlanta was the CW route and sometimes between 41 and I-75 especially before you get to Dalton. Very nice finds Davers.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old 41 from the Tn River to Atlanta was the CW route and sometimes between 41 and I-75 especially before you get to Dalton. Very nice finds Davers.

You got that right TnMts .
Closest Winter Camps to me here in Acworth , I dug some nice Relics near Chickamauga almost 20 years ago ' Fired Bullets mostly' & a few Golf Ball size Iron Ball's. Drops are Nice but these were fired in the heat of the infamous Battle. & NO One can take that Civil War History from me.! :usflag:

Think I said this before , 'I got quite a few in-laws that live in Ringgold & in Chattanooga / Suck Creek ? On the Big River.
Can't get no invites tho.???

Have a Great & Safe Holiday weekend.
Davers

Last edited:

twizzlerlord

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Acworth, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where on 41 did you find that I live right off part of it

Sorry 'TwisL' I missed your post.

It was between Barrett Parkway and Bells Ferry Rd.

Welcome to the Site (tho Belated).

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's cool buddy. I eye balled a .54" Minnie last year in a wash out in a camp I hunt. Now I didn't spot it til you ran my loop over it lol. Nice find. HH

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool buddy. I eye balled a .54" Minnie last year in a wash out in a camp I hunt. Now I didn't spot it til you ran my loop over it lol. Nice find. HH

Yea Man that's happened to me a couple times at construction sites (those that were started ie, Sewer & initial road put in right before the Housing bust); then Fenced off & posted , mostly to stop illegal dumping. Then in 2012-13 the started work again with 5 or so years of rain erosion , i'd walk the areas and see the Minnie right as my detector sounded.
Such a neat feeling seeing them sitting there waiting to be found....Now if I could find some Points or Spear Heads the same way .

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Davey. :hello: I was searching the forums and seen this thread. As soon as I opened it, I remembered reading it before. I even remember looking at maps to figure out approximately where you found it. What I don't remember is what was the rush at the time that caused me to forget the "likes" or a comment. :dontknow:???
Well, must've been my fried brain cells.:tongue3: Sorry.

A belated SWEET find!:wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread