Oct 8, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab eTrac
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this item on private property near Gettysburg with permission. The property is adjacent to an identified Confederate hospital site...a farm property. This property was originally part of the farm. Records indicate that Confederate hospital wagons were parked on this site. I have recovered a number of Confederate CW relics from this site. I found this about 8" down. It is 2" long by 2" wide. There was a home on part this property until the early 1930's so it is possible this a pin from post-CW. The Army adopted a pin somewhat like this in 1902. Has anyone ever seen anything like this from Civil War artifacts? IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4002.JPG

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item on private property near Gettysburg with permission. The property is adjacent to an identified Confederate hospital site...a farm property. This property was originally part of the farm. Records indicate that Confederate hospital wagons were parked on this site. I have recovered a number of Confederate CW relics from this site. I found this about 8" down. It is 2" long by 2" wide. There was a home on part this property until the early 1930's so it is possible this a pin from post-CW. The Army adopted a pin somewhat like this in 1902. Has anyone ever seen anything like this from Civil War artifacts? View attachment 1484141 View attachment 1484142

Yes
I have seen similar but going by memory 4-6 months.
A friend of a friend in my club showed me a similar piece 'on his phone' that was dug in a Union ???? Area I think but it had the same Symbol but I do believe it was attached to a Brass plate either molded in or attached (I'm thinking Molded) but my memory Sux.
I just recall it was the Exact Symbol with Snakes pole , Wings.

I'm not for sure it was used in the Civil War but I tend to think it was .
Awesome Find.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Army did a Gettysburg battle demonstration in 1938 during the CW vet re-union where they used armor and other modern gear to show how the battle would have been fought in "modern" times. The 1st Medical Regiment arrived on the field 6/25/38. My uncle lost a hand there when a smoke grenade went off early. Hopefully yours is from the CW, but other US forces have been in the same area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions