Good & bad day.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a reply on someones thread but I figure that I put so much time into it , I'd let everybody see how "Disturbed" I am. LOL

Also wanted to practice the 'Copy & paste' thing.

parsonwalkers Hut Site find' & did not want to mention my day on his post so ill 'hijack'
Since yours is the 2 ed post i'm typing on , ill explain my day yesterday, ' first post was yours.

Naa You mention the days nobody hears about, as I have many '95%' actually.
Anyway; walkers post got me wanting to go detect yesterday.
So I did got to my site around 2 pm , took the old 1266-x as it goes deeper , IMHO with the stock coil than my other machines , that all use stock coils. + The heavy loop hugs the ground.

I have hit this area hard , I barely get chirps , lucky to find a SG Shell, 22 bullets & Cases are the norm. About 4 I dug a nice section of a Cannon ball but not as thick as the other 'Ball' frags from the area. Cool!
Using the 1266-X I have to have my headphones plugged in a certain way or ill loose sound , I had walked about 25 feet (in the Woods) W/O hearing anything ,checked the sound and got -silence , adjusted my plug , & turned to recover the area I had just went over, within 3 feet I got a STRONG signal.. Man I don't know what happened as I really don't recall using the shovel on that first & only plug , I rechecked the signal and it had moved , so out came the pin-pointer & boom right in the pile of dirt was a Sweet Dropped Enfield ( I love Enfield's BTW) BUT! With a BIG Stab Mark & a Shiny new quarter inch scratch all the way to the bottom from the initial strike. OUCH!!!

No touch up to be done on this one & then I noticed The Box Wood plug was still in it.

I have only dug 2-3 of this type in all my years. I did not want to even see what mark might be in the cavity. Just carried it in my hand cussing myself for 30 min , while looking for another.. Well it was getting dark & the Sprinkles were coming down.

So like any cherished Item ,I found a Special place (that I hopefully can remember ) & reburied it at about 2 feet in a stump hole. Swung my loop & only heard the Chirps of the High Sensitivity I had set on the machine.

So I left sad & happy that I did get a nice shell frag. Oh ! finally got that last good signal I was looking for (over an hour) near the Car & at 8 inches comes a a a Copper Memorial well was thankful It was not zinc came home & promptly had a Panic Attack. 'Really tho'

I could go on about this but Why ?

Like other Nice Minnies I have 'Nailed' in the past ; That I recall , like it was yesterday ( 1 being almost 20 years ago). November 1 st 2017 will be an 'OCD' Scar on my mind.

Had to let this out as the wife was like "hmm Oh -well , you got some $".

:coffee2:
Davers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you had a good day. Hope you have warmer weather this weekend.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice post Davers, and Congrat's on the find of the Enfield. I like finding both Enfield and Gardner bullets too.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers I love when you post. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks .
Usually TMI, Dramatic, I really just post what i'm feeling at the time.
Love yr posts as well.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post Davers, and Congrat's on the find of the Enfield. I like finding both Enfield and Gardner bullets too.

Believe it or not I have never dug a Dropped Gardner & Only a handful of fired ones.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gardners are a rare find it seems. That makes it a real treat when you find one, especially a dropped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions