I need a favor from someone who has a Steve Mullinax’s book.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone check this out for me and get some info to make sure it’s authentic?

“original confederate officer's belt buckle plate from the state of Louisiana in very good used antique condition as found in an old Vermont barn with other items throughout the barn and in the barn attic area in a large blanket box. we have been slowly selling all these items over the past three months or so as they were found. the brass buckle is in great old condition and sand cast made from the period. the buckle measures approx. 2 x 3 1/8 inches, this buckle is pictured in steve mullinax's book "confederate belt buckles and plates" of the civil war.”
IMG_1773.JPG IMG_1774.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Man ,don't have the book 'I don't find any plates or buy them ' to justify the purchase.

It look's nice ,but you know what to do when buying esp ,online.
GL With yr Purchase.

Surprised no-body has replied ???

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have Kerksis' book and it doesn't show a buckle exactly like this one. It does show one that has the word Union before Justice in the banner and a smaller hook on the back but the author believes it dates to the circa 1872 time frame. Ask the seller to e-mail you a picture of the page showing the buckle.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only have Kerksis' book and it doesn't show a buckle exactly like this one. It does show one that has the word Union before Justice in the banner and a smaller hook on the back but the author believes it dates to the circa 1872 time frame. Ask the seller to e-mail you a picture of the page showing the buckle.

His reply :
“this buckle can also be found in bill gavin's book fig. #111 buckle is 100% original and very rare.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions